Resorter

How-to building, restoration, repairs, and fun with your authentic Manx!
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

After a long down time I have decided to take my Resorter to Tuna's Buggy Works in Roseville. I'm excited for it to be finished.
BuggyBob

Resorter

Post by BuggyBob »

do you have a picture of it. I know Tuna.
jsturtlebuggy

Resorter

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Bob,
I think Ricky's Resorter is blue from the pictures he posted several years ago.

It is good to see you back Ricky.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

Yes, it's the blue ish one. Tony and I have talked a lot and he has something special planned for it. It won't be like any other Resorter out there. Bob set the bar high for Resorters and I hope we can live up to that expectation. Thanks JS it's good to be back.
BuggyBob

Resorter

Post by BuggyBob »

thanks for those kind words
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

I really mean it Bob. Your example of a Resorter is special. What are your thoughts on Badging the nose? Would you do it all over again? I think I want to badge mine?
BuggyBob

Resorter

Post by BuggyBob »

Go for it.
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

I'd like to do that. I guess there are a couple of us asking to buy badges for cars that didn't originally come with one? They are still deciding if they will issue those badges. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
FulsGld

Resorter

Post by FulsGld »

I have two sets of the badges. The original one that came with the Turista and the one I got when I had it authenticated. They look the same. Are you saying the badges are different for the Resorter than for the standard Manx of that year? Just wondering.
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

That's a good question? I was under the impression they didn't come with badges? It has the serial tag, but not badges? When speaking with Winnie she mentioned they didn't come with them? She hasn't made a final decision yet? Did they come with badges?
jsturtlebuggy

Resorter

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

The Resorter was sold by Ted's Aircraft Interiors and the advertisements in the early magazines, I don't remember seeing a badge on the front.
In the catalog I have from Meyers Manx in 1971 it shows the Turista with a plastic nose badge.

Since Bruce originally built the Resorter as a favor to Ted and another guy that I can't recall his name at the moment.
It was buggy that Ted sold and was not at first something you could by from Meyers Manx or a Manx dealer.
The numbers on the tag may be a way to tell of how it was first sold. This may help in determining whether it should have a badge.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

So, I went back and looked at Google images and Gary's buggy when he first got it did have a badge in the pics. I can't believe I never noticed? Bob's and Gary's are the only two with badges that I've seen. Did ghe yellow one from Texas have one Gary? The metal flake one in Florida does not. There's one that gets serviced at Pennisula in San Jose, but I don't have pics of the nose? Thanks for the info Joe. I've seen a couple different ads for them. They were pretty cooI. I hope Winnie and Bruce decide they will sell me a badge?
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

It's tag number R0028F914F
YumaManx

Resorter

Post by YumaManx »

Gary, What kind of wood did you use on your Dash?
FulsGld

Resorter

Post by FulsGld »

Hey;

Not sure of the yellow one from Texas. My second Resorter (yellow also) is not a 'real' Resorter and I won't try to get it authenticated for a couple of reasons, and I don't believe it has a nose badge (but will check when I go pick it up from my brother's house).

Have never heard of a Resorter in San Jose. If you happen to know where it resides, I would love to go see it as I go to San Jose, CA a couple of times a year.

My brother made the dash and rear plate holder out of black walnut. We try to put in in each buggy that we build.

Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112