Lousy VW Week

When it's just not buggy related.
louisb

Lousy VW Week

Post by louisb »

It has just been a lousy week. First the transmission in my only running car decides to implode which will suck up all the money for the Manx for the next few months. That will pretty much put an end to any hope of getting the buggy done before Manx on the Banx meaning the event organizer wont have a ride for his own event. Then a good friend who is into VWs just passed away without any warning. He got sick and then the next day his liver and kidneys failed and just like that he was gone. Anyway, just bummed out all the way around.

--louis
jsturtlebuggy

Lousy VW Week

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. It is tough to keep going when thing get bad and you are feeling down.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Tom-Kathleen

Lousy VW Week

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Sorry to hear about your friend.  Don't worry about not having a buggy at a Manx Club event.  Come anyway, and ask if anyone has an open seat.  We have never been out of a ride at any of the west coast events.  We offer our open seat when we bring the Manxter.  The Manxter has 4 seats.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
louisb

Lousy VW Week

Post by louisb »

Thanks Tom, I may take you up on that. I plan to attend even if I don't have a car. One of my personal reasons for organizing this event was to get my wife more involved in my hobby. She is not really a car person but I think she would enjoy the social side of an event like this. After all, its really the great people you meet from playing with these silly little cars that make this hobby great and I wanted to show her that.

Thanks,

--louis
73SpeedBuggy

Lousy VW Week

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

louisb wrote:Thanks Tom, I may take you up on that. I plan to attend even if I don't have a car. One of my personal reasons for organizing this event was to get my wife more involved in my hobby. She is not really a car person but I think she would enjoy the social side of an event like this. After all, its really the great people you meet from playing with these silly little cars that make this hobby great and I wanted to show her that.

Thanks,

--louis
Exactly how I got my wife involved Louis.  Sorry to hear about your friend.  
Gary1719

Lousy VW Week

Post by Gary1719 »

Louis sorry about your friend. i think you are right about your wife she we become interested once you show her around this adventure or sport if you will. I built a couple airplanes took my wife to some fly ins as they are called she had fun. yours will too. like you say it is the people.