Attention East Coast Members

When it's just not buggy related.
Chicago Joe

Attention East Coast Members

Post by Chicago Joe »

[FONT="Arial Black"]Carlisle Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals MAY 21-23, 2010 Carlisle, PA[/FONT] Bruce & Winnie Meyers have committed to attend this event, and will be at Carlisle. Keep an eye on this thread for more information concerning Manx Club participation at this event.
Joe Spittler - 1118
FarmerJohn

Post by FarmerJohn »

Nice to hear that Bruce & Winnie will be there again Been there the last 2 years to see them & will be there again this year Looks like we're getting a pretty good group of buggies that are planning on going from Long Island NY this year
Buggy-Bum-2

Post by Buggy-Bum-2 »

Sounds good. Had a great time there the last two years.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Pencil us in! We may need our electric vest but we're in for sure! It looks like 550 miles for us.
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
FarmerJohn

Post by FarmerJohn »

Vincent , that's great I've hoped to meet you someday and hear about your adventures over a couple of beers
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

This event is still coming together. We are trying to get an example of all of Bruce's cars together for a photo with Bruce.. I think we have a Monoque, Manx, Manxter & Kick-Out SS so far. It would be nice to get a Towd, SR & Siggy, plus anyother variations that are out there to join in. This could be an idea for a poster, similar to the Big Bear poster. Ed B. from Carlisle wants to have a cruise Saturday afternoon and wants to know if people want to go "off road" on local dirt roads for part of the cruise, or stay strictly on pavement. We are planning an "Evening with Bruce Meyers" for the Manx Club Members at a local restaurant. We are also going to do recruiting for Manx Club members and hope to have give-a-ways. There will be a tent for liquid sunshine and a parking area to get all the buggies in one area (manx Club or not). The entry fee will be $10.00 & dinner & Carlisle entry fees. Please let me know if you are planning on attending. Thanks! Tom Iacoboni
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)

Post by 1856 »

Tom & Kathleen Where would be a good place to stay for the event?
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I am staying at the Super 8 Carlisle South. It is @ 3 miles from the event. You can also camp at the event. Are you planning on going? The more the merrier! Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Count us in! As for the cruise, we'll probably vote for a paved option in the interest of saving the mechanic and have functioning buggy to drive back. This being said, we did drive the fire trails at Big Bear and still made it back. We'll follow the crowed no matter what the majority decides... Looking forward to this event!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
dunerodder

carlisle camp out

Post by dunerodder »

Just found out today from Winnie about carlisle. We will be there . planning on getting there early friday morning to set up camp . Anyone else interested in camping ? We had a great time last year. Nice camp fire, music, beer, And we must have built around twenty buugies before the night was over... the camp sites are cheap and there is a bath house close by. Its best to reserve in advance.
dunerodder

carlisle camp out

Post by dunerodder »

Update......... we reserved our camping spaces. (15.00 EACH FOR 10X30 ) however my wife would like to stay at the super 8. seems she doesnt care for sleeping on a air mattress in the car trailer anymore ,,,,,, Then again if the weather is bad, you know where ill be.. Easier for me if anyone wants to call my cell # 610 888 2293 Rod christman
DIESELDOOG

Have Extra Room Reservation at Carlisle

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Here is the deal. My dad screwed up and got 2 sets of room reservations at the Super8 North in Carlisle the weekend of the Show. Single King, NO SMOKING, The rooms sleeps 3 Fe only needs 1 set. If you need them they are for Thursday May 20, Friday May 21, and Saturday May 21 Total price is $231.31. He will hold them until April 1st, and then he will try to cancel them. Send replies to manxmember@yahoo.com
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

I was looking at the official website and it looks like we can register online. Are there directions the Manx Club would care to give us as to which event category we should register to? Here's the direct link to event registration - I think it's probably the "2010 Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals KIT Showfield" but I'm not sure. http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23 Thanks.
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

[QUOTE="vincent9993;16198"]I was looking at the official website and it looks like we can register online. Are there directions the Manx Club would care to give us as to which event category we should register to? Here's the direct link to event registration - I think it's probably the "2010 Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals KIT Showfield" but I'm not sure. http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23 Thanks.[/QUOTE] Bump for the questions here. Also, I plan on attending if I can get all my buggy put all back together in time!
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Yes, that is how you sign up to get into the Carlisle event. There is also a place where you can put club affiliation. Put "Manx Club" there. Thanks! Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT