Meyers Manx Sighting

When it's just not buggy related.
Tom-Kathleen

Meyers Manx Sighting

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

January 2008 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. There is a feature of "The Top 100 Most Influential Hot Rods of All Time". On page 63, there is a picture of Old Red and short history of Dune Buggies. The car was listed as #12 of the 100, with lower numbers being more influential!! BTW, the General Lee, Dodge Charger was #1. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Was it really...
The car was listed as #12 of the 100, with higher numbers being more influential!! BTW, the General Lee, Dodge Charger was #1.
So, #1 was the LEAST influential? And #100 (a higher number) was the MOST influential? What car was #100? Note: Or, did you just not have your coffee today? I'm used to the count going backward from 100 to 1 (least to most).
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Its funny how TV shows have so much influence when voting for best of vehicles. We had a top 10 'Best Farrari's' thing on UK TV a while back, and from memory I think the 246 Dino (used by Tony Curtis in the 70's TV show 'The Persuaders') came in 10th place,,, too far back for guys to remember I guess,,,,,,,, the Daytona (Miami Vice)was right up near the top,,, 2nd was ''Magnum's'' 308 :eek: and voted best was the Farrari Testicle,, another ''Miami Vice'' vehicle :crazy: I don't know about you guys,, but as we say here in UK > ''I think they dropped a bollock somewhere'' :help: Thats not to say I wouldn't want to own a Charger or bollockmobile,, but NO WAY are they the TOPS IMO. Tom ,,, Jan 2008 you say? :eek: WOW!! you guys are well ahead.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Post has been corrected, sorry for the confusion. It's not coffee for me, just Diet Coke! Thanks for pointing that out. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

At the risk of being Ignert, what is a "Farrari Testicle"? Bob
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="towd dude"]At the risk of being Ignert, what is a "Farrari Testicle"? Bob[/QUOTE] Its the ''Testarossa'' Bob. A guy I know had one in red, at about the same time 'Miami Vice' was on UK TV (he was inspired by Don Johnsons white one I guess) it spent more time in the Farrari garage having repairs that it did on the roads :roll: Not sure if he sold it because of its unreliability,,, or because of us guys kidding him everytime he walked into the pub,, shouting out, ''Have you got your Testicle out tonight?'' :o
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

Thanks Mel, for clearing that up. I've got to admit I was expecting some bizarre visual. I think I'll go have a Quart. Bob