Some New Pics

When it's just not buggy related.
Jon

Some New Pics

Post by Jon »

Chassis is painted new gas cap placement in old hood full roll cage in place five wide discs front and rear mid tranny mounts Kafer brackets welded in place for the torque bars steering mounts next on the list
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Looking good. I llke your color scheme. What master cylinder are you going to use for the 4wheel disc brakes? SoCal Imports is selling a new master cylinder for 4wheel disc brakes. One of my friends order one last week for his setup on a new long pan buggy. Has not put it on yet so cannot report how it works.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Looking good. I llke your color scheme. What master cylinder are you going to use for the 4wheel disc brakes? SoCal Imports is selling a new master cylinder for 4wheel disc brakes. One of my friends order one last week for his setup on a new long pan buggy. Has not put it on yet so cannot report how it works. I noticed on the bolts holding the axle tubes to the spring plates the the head of the bolt is to the outside. From the factory the are the other way with the threaded part facing out. Certain shock absorbers will make contact with the forward bolt threads putting dents in them when supension travels up when the threads are facing in.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Gary1719

beam and chassis

Post by Gary1719 »

What beam and chassis are you using?
Jon

New Master Cylinder

Post by Jon »

Joseph, Saw that brake setup in the latest HOT VW mag.... thought I would also try it. Those rear bolts aren't even tightened up... they're just holding the tube up to put in the rear bearings. Thanks for the heads up, I'll flip them! This whole unit is getting fitted with a 2270cc TYPE IV EFI Aircooled Technology engine.
Jon

Chassis

Post by Jon »

Gary, Chassis is from Berrien, and the front beam is a Jamar adjustable aluminium unit.
Gary1719

nice

Post by Gary1719 »

Very niceeeee!!!!!!
markmark

Post by markmark »

Looks great! Looking forward to more pics:eat:
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

You should be able to pull the front wheels of the ground anytime you feel like it. A lot of torque with one of Jake's engines.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
dennis-and-cathy

4 Wheel master

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

I did install one of the new masters for 4 wheel disc brakes, had to install a 3lb residual check valve for the rear also, possibly because of the large CNC turning brake we installed. But the new M/C is working out great, has more braking power than a stock set up.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks For The Update