Webers and Siggys

When it's just not buggy related.
Siggymanx33

Webers and Siggys

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Has anyone installed Weber 44's on a Siggy with a berrien frame? I am ready to pull the trigger on a set, however it looks like it would be very tight. I currently have Kadrons and I know they are taller but the increased air filter width has me concerned. I had problems with the CB breather tower fitting and this is a problem with the Siggy but no other body? I realize that it isn't the same area but has me wondering what else could be a tighter on my body..... The Kadrons are tight, but fit without modifications.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Here's a shot in the dark, as I don't know about webbers and siggy's... Could you use these smaller air filters on them? Image I got those from AJ Sims, but you could probably find them elsewhere, too. Just a thought (and an attempt to help).
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Dave, I know someone that has a siggy and has clearance issues with it. There is less room on it for the dual carbs. His uncle has an early Manx with dual Dellorto's on it and CB Perfomance manifolds and has plenty of clearance. He tried with his and ran into the air cleaners not clearing. It may work with shorter manifolds such as the Gene Berg manifolds as they are shorter by about 2in than the CB manifolds. Costly though. It is what we are going to have to do on a project I am involved with. It is also going to use the CSP bell crank linkage. It pricey too but works better than anything that out there now for sale.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I just finished putting dual 44's on a friend's buggy that had clearence issues as far as height. I bought a set of T3 manifolds from CB performance now the carbs and air cleaners fit perfectly under his body. I did have to use the CSP linkage which is not a bad thing, I have been using it on my buggys for about 6 years with no problems. Here is a pic of his buggy with the carbs but not the linkage. I know it's not a Siggy but it's the best I can do :D Image
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Thanks for the responses. Ends up that it wouldn't be such a good deal, as the carbs I am looking at come with the regular manifolds and the CB linkage included.(slightly used) One other question, there is a guy that has good deals on ebay for all kinds of Dellorto's.(just the carbs) Are the manifolds, linkage and air cleaners interchangable with webers? (would I be able to use the CSP linkage and T3 mannies) Thanks again, DPG
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Dells are the same as Webers. The parts will work fine.
manx28

Post by manx28 »

Dave: I have Dual Webers on My Siggy #28, I used the short air cleaners, works fine.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

thanks dave
shaky

Post by shaky »

This is an image from my book (BLATENT PLUG ALERT) which highlights some possible problems Image
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Shaky, Excellent photos but a little too small. What book is your? Thanks, Dave
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="shaky"]This is an image from my book (BLATENT PLUG ALERT) which highlights some possible problems Image[/QUOTE] WOW! almost looks like the body is too far forward,,,, I used to tell the guys to cut the pan a little shorter & get the body back as far as poss to give a bit more clearance,,,, how close is that body to the torsion bar cover??. Shaky,, PROBLEMS!!! what problems???? ,a 3'' lift will sort it :D
shaky

Post by shaky »

[QUOTE="SiggyManx#33"]Shaky, Excellent photos but a little too small. What book is your? Thanks, Dave[/QUOTE] It's called "building a dune buggy", publisher-veloce Image Hi Mel I normally need a "lift" at this time of year but the Summer sun is keeping me smiling. Not as warm as California of course! shaky
fubar

Post by fubar »

There is a copy of that book on ebay for 19lbs Item number: 300029810195
shaky

Post by shaky »

I Think you guys in the States can get them from here for $29.96 http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_33890.ncm
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Or even cheaper at Amazon with free shipping...