Manxter Kit #60

When it's just not buggy related.
talldude

Manxter Kit #60

Post by talldude »

We are building Manxter # 60 and we are looking for some rims. We like the rims that are located on the main page that are yellow but are trying to find them in Red. Does anyone know the make of these rims? Thanks, P&L http://www.meyersmanx.com/manxter_main.htm
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

#60, another milestone in the # of Manxters produced. The wheels look like the old Jackman style. Mike at ECR will probably know what kind they are, because he has worked on that car that you referenced (#2) lately. You will have to paint them to match, they probably come in chrome or white only. Please post some pictures so we can see how your project is coming along. Good luck. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Are they like these? Image If they are, I got mine at Custom & Commercial Wheel in Fontana. I purchased them in 'steel' (unfinished) and had them powdercoated a silver sparkle (can't really tell in the pic, as it was a cloudy day when I shot the pic).
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I think these are what you are looking for. They started out white and were powder coated red and a snap on trim ring was added. Image I knew all these pictures I took at Lone Pine would come in handy. :D
Olli

Post by Olli »

Talldude, Welcome :hello: . It would be nice to hear more about your build plans. Street or Trail? Engine? When did you take delivery? Where do you live? Olli
talldude

Post by talldude »

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and info on the rims. We haven't taken delivery yet. But, we hope to in the next month or so. In the mean time, we are working on preparing the chasis and all the hardware so when the kit gets here it doesn't have to sit on the floor very long. For anyone interested, we are located in Southeast Texas between Houston and Galveston. As far as pics are concerned, we have a lot of detailed pictures so we can remember how to put everything back together. :laugh1: But, none of them are anything to really post yet. Unless of course you would want to see the condition of the chasis and transmission before we started. Maybe once we get the chasis ready for the body and the engine ready to install, then we'll post some pics. Until then, we just continue to spend almost every evening and weekend in the garage. Due to not having any trails near us it will be for the street. The engine will be a SCAT 1776cc motor which Scat is building for us and will get hopefully before the Christmas Break. My wife and I are the ones that are working on this project. This is our first major build but our 3rd kit car. This was our last buggy that we had before selling it a few years back. Wished we still had it though. Talk to you all soon. Patrick & Lori http://www.manxclub.com/botm-7-03/botm-7-03-5.htm
Olli

Post by Olli »

I will try and repost the pictures tonight. Olli
Olli

Post by Olli »

I am building a street Manxter. There isn't any trail riding in Northern NJ. My Manxter is #33. The build has been on hold for nearly 1 year now. I moved into a new house and had to do work in the house and then build a shop. The shop is almost finished, so in a few weeks I should be getting back to the Manxter. The chassis is nearly ready. It is a '71 chassis that came from the Palm Springs area of Ca. Talk about rust free! I do my own paint work and the chassis was media blasted prior to it being sprayed in an epoxy primer. The actual color doesn't show in the pictures but it is House of Kolor Black Sparkle Pearl. The texture that is visible is from some 3M rocker guard spray. The body will be painted the same color that the suspension pieces and the tranny are. The front suspension has an adjustable beam w/ low pressure KYB shocks. The rear has 25mm SaW torsion bars, SaW adjustable spring plates and low pressure KYB shocks. The tranny is a type 1 SSC (late model single side cover, strongest case that VW made) inside is a complete gear set from Weddle (no VW gears), steel shift forks, Weddle Super Diff, Weddle side cover, R&P is 3.88. CV's are Porsche 930 and the axles are SaW. The engine was going to be a 2.0L Ford but thanks to Tom and Kathleen I have changed direction and am going with a Subaru. It will be a 2.5L turbo that makes 260 HP and 260+ ft/lbs tq. So that is what #33 is about... Olli
Olli

Post by Olli »

Hmmm, I am at work now and the pictures only show up as red x's now. When I posted from home last night and then opened the thread the pictures were there. (????) Olli
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Olli, I cant see the pics either.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Olli - don't blame Kathleen & I about your engine change, blame Bruce Meyers for making it look and work so good! Glad to hear you will be making progress on your car soon. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Olli

Post by Olli »

Tom and Kathleen, no blame, just thanks! I can't wait for others to see what Bruce has done to the Street Manxter. I also have a car (FFR Cobra replica) in the Jan. '06 issue of Kit Car. (Shameless plug, I know but hey, it is a proud moment) Olli
Olli

Post by Olli »

I have pretty much figured out why the pictures wouldn't post so......hereis another try. Chassis before. Image
Olli

Post by Olli »

O.K. so the image posted, but now to make it bigger. What is that old saying? "If at first you don't succeed. Try and try again." Olli
Olli

Post by Olli »

After media blasting. Image