Manxter Kit #60

When it's just not buggy related.
Olli

Post by Olli »

After painting. Image Image Image Image
talldude

Manxter and Photo Uploading help

Post by talldude »

You can goto www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account there and then you can get the URL's for the photos and then post the photos on this page. I saw part of your chassis the other day show up on here. I bought a 70 Bug that had good floor pans and just got finished with spraying it with truck bedliner paint. It came out pretty good. Getting the engine from SCAT soon and hopefully will get the kit soon from Bruce and Winnie. It's being put together and we should have it soon or after the Holidays. Course I am trying to get it done by next year before June for a big show so will see how that goes. Patrick
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Talldude - There is much more to putting a Manxter together than the old style cars. If you have questions, feel free to post them here. Also, open up the old posts, and read them, many of your possible questions have probably already been answered. But, like I said , any of us would be glad to offer advise. Ollie - is the Manxter going to be nicknamed "Hemple's Handfull II"? Nice article about the Roadster, but I know the car has more color than the pictures show. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Olli

Post by Olli »

Tom, I take it that you found a copy of the Jan. '06 issue of Kit Car. Yes, the color does look washed out doesn't it? No nickname yet for the Manxter, but I think that "Rx" will be in the running. But with 260hp it most likely will be a "Handfull II (too)" Patrick, I signed up with Photobucket to make future posting easier. The problem that I was having was that Kodakgallary.com does not permit "hosting". I had the same pictures in an album at imagestation.com (Sony) and that site does permit "hosting" that is how I was able to post these pictures. I stopped using imagestation though because uploads stopped working when we upgraded our firewall. Imagestaion wanted us to disable the firewall. We said, no. That is when we went to Kodakgallary but I was unaware of their "no hosting". Olli
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

Olli, You mentioned something about what Bruce has done to the "street Manxter". I thought he sold it, or is there another one he is working on. Can you fill us in? Thanks Gary
Olli

Post by Olli »

The prototype was sold. He just finished building a drop dead gorgeous street Manxter for a customer. I won't post the picture without Bruce's and the photographers permission. I will say this though. If anyone likes street buggies and they were on the fence about the Manxter, this Manxter will have you placing an order! It really is THAT cool. Olli
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

Olli, Sounds pretty neat. Is it using a subaru motor? Please check your private message. I sent you one. Thanks Gary
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

wow that is sweet. Hate to see what that is going to cost. The radiator inlet look a lot better on that than the wing on the dual sport. Thanks for the picture Gary
Olli

Post by Olli »

That Subaru engine is actually a 2.5L Sti short block with JDM 2.0L heads and turbo. Olli
Olli

Post by Olli »

This thread is way off course. After this why don't we start a new thread on the Subi powered Manxter. Mike, you can always add a small muffler. I had Bruce while on the phone stand beside the Dual Sport Subi Manxter while it was being reved. It isn't that loud at all. Most definitely quieter than my Roadster. Olli
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Kathleen and I got to drive the red street Subi Manxter after Lone Pine. :driving: Well, somebody had to set the electonic VDO speedometer, and we knew how to do it. Life is good! :rock: It had "adaquate" power, and was not too loud. It was quieter than my car with the Kymco set-up with the super trapp set on medium. If you had to, you could slip on a spark arrestor style super trapp tip on the end. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

There is no reason why you couldn't run a Super Trapp on the turbo either. It wouldn't spool up quite as quick but the cops wouldn't bother you. Remove the disc's when you want to go fast. :D Image