Manx Signature edition

Dune Buggy Classifieds. Find it, Buy it, Post it, Sell it!
manx82

Manx Signature edition

Post by manx82 »

I was hoping someone might know a ballpark figure of what to ask if I sell my Manx. It's #82 Signature edition in green metal flake. Matching side pods, custom vinyl top with zip out doors and rear window, nicely built 1776 with Meyer sidewinder ceramic exhaust. Custom interior, Cragars with raised white letter BF Goodrich tires, VDO gauges. All n a 1973 Arizona shortened pan with structural reinforcements. Licensed and titled in Michigan.

What it is worth and what I can expect to get are two different prices, I am aware. Just looking to get some kind of idea or range.

Thanks, Jim
enesset

Re: Manx Signature edition

Post by enesset »

Jim, it would be interesting to follow your sales process. During my search for a '69 Yuma yellow I looked at a few Siggy's and it seems like just the unused kit was chasing $5k.

I haven't watched any sales of finished signature editions because I was focused on building one for the experience.

It seems like if you can find the right buyer you might do well...if it is clean then maybe taking it to a regional auction would make sense?

Do the other members have a "gut read" on what buyers are willing to pay....is it in the mid-to-low teens for a really good one?

The cost to build mine will unfortunately be vastly more than someone would pay if at some point I had to sell.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

a picture would help with value. a complete running dunebuggy is worth $10,000.00. being a signature series should bring more value; since its the only limited edition Manx series ever built. but to the rest of the world it doesn't. The biggest problem in selling a buggy is finding a buyer with $10 grand cash. there is no blue book values to get a auto loan easily. to most of the world all buggys are the same, many think VW made them, many think they are not street legal. most people think $5 grand is what they sell for; for what ever reason. I have sold about 12 buggys. I add all receipts and estimate my labor to get my price. i sell one a year. my last sale of a $10,000.00 buggy took 5 years to sell. i broke even on the sale. Ask what you actually want. and good luck.
enesset

Post by enesset »

To add to the $10k comment by "lastmanx".....when I was searching for my '69 tub, there was a gentleman in SoCal that had a beautiful yellow "no tag" Manx with a big 2000+cc motor gene berg tranny and excellent wheels for $12k and looking back I knew then (perhaps 2 years ago now) that was a deal AND now that I'm building mine I know $12k was a crazy bargain but I agree that many people get tapped out in the $15k-20k range and decide on buying a new ATV side by side instead.

This past year at NORRA down in Baja for the vintage event there were ZERO Manx and nearly a half dozen SxS....I'm sure due in part to cheap financing on them.

I still think a regional auction or even better a bunch of really good photos and a listing for sale on Bring A Trailer.com would be the way to get closer to what you want/need $$$ wise.

If you put in the effort on a TON of quality photos and a detailed description and parts included BATrailer might be interesting. I think it's a $250 fee to list and then the buyer pays the % of purchase fee.

Keep us in the loop -- Eric
mykee50

Post by mykee50 »

Hey Manx 82, I just started looking to get back into the Manx thing after 40 years. You buggy sounds intriguing. Can you post (or send) some pictures if you're serious about selling? I'm looking at that one on Bring a Trailer right now. It's super clean and up to $7400 as of this morning. I have the money and am serious about buying now!!

Thanks, Mike (Issaquah, WA) mykee50@hotmail.com
enesset

Post by enesset »

Mike, you will see several of my comments on that BAT auction. Also watching closely.

The issues that Manx has can be fixed easily. If it goes below....heaven forbid....$10k it's a steal.

I watch BAT a lot and often the reach is strong so those cars bring a premium so if it goes into the mid-teens I wouldn't be surprised and it is worth it.
mykee50

Post by mykee50 »

Jim, you still thinking about selling? I got an itchy wallet? Thanks, Mike. :eh:
enesset

Post by enesset »

Mike I just sent you a PM. -- Eric