WTB Manx Valve Covers

Dune Buggy Classifieds. Find it, Buy it, Post it, Sell it!
enesset

WTB Manx Valve Covers

Post by enesset »

Members.....I'm continuing the $$$ outlay on my '69 pan and tub build and as I get ready to cut some big checks for the motor/tranny, I was hoping to reach out to see if anyone has a Manx Valve Cover they would part with.

I sent Vince a PM, anyone else that has one or a line on one would be great.

For those following me as I've searched out a specific Yuma Yellow tub to replace "Grandpa Chuck's".....my mom recently found a picture of Grandma Ruth Marie with the Manx (she passed a year ago on the 20th just shy of 95 years old). This photo is from March of 1987.

https://baja2009photos.shutterfly.com/999

Thanks -- Eric
enesset

Re: WTB Manx Valve Covers

Post by enesset »

p.s. when I picked up my pan from Bruce and the guys I had asked Winnie about them and I guess the number required for another run is quite large.
enesset

Post by enesset »

Did a MC member get these on eBay? $710 seems bananas?!
If demand is this high perhaps the club needs to do a "group buy" and make a run?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/222357906244?_mwB ... noapp=true
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Lots of folks tend to go into a bidding frenzy when it comes to original Meyers Manx items!!! As the old saying goes... "Any item, is only worth what someone is willing to pay, at any given moment!!!" People go nuts about stuff!!! LOL
Maybe the Club members & other folks that want the "logo" valve covers, should get ahold of Winnie & discuss a run of the valve covers!!! The members could pre-pay so the money would be available when the main order is placed!!! Just a thought!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
enesset

Post by enesset »

A week or so later these "new in the box" went for $610

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252727774068?_mwB ... noapp=true
enesset

Post by enesset »

And yet again this week another "new in box" set went for $745 (fair oaks, CA). If/when those other links don't work for the earlier auctions, those were from two different sellers in Georgia.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meyers-Manx-Val ... Es&vxp=mtr
enesset

Post by enesset »

With as many views this thread has perhaps Winnie could take prepayments for club members and do another run of them?

Not sure what the last run cost per unit?
YSG2017

Post by YSG2017 »

I'd like to buy 2 sets. I heard from Paige over at Meyers' this week after inquiring, that a member of the club bought the original molds for these valve covers at the auction a while back. I'm sure another production run would sell out quickly. Who wouldn't buy a set of these if they were reasonably priced (under $300 for a pair)? Can we find out who the owner of these assets are in the club and approach them about making some more? I'm sure it would be a profitable venture that would benefit and appeal to many Manx owners.
enesset

Post by enesset »

I would obviously be in for a set. 8-)

One of our elder statesmen surely knows where these are.
mykee50

Post by mykee50 »

:P I'm in!
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I know where the molds are, but I am not saying. If the person that has them wishes to comment, fine. I have been in touch with Winnie about a possible way to get them made from billet aluminum, instead of a casting. So, stay tuned, they may be back on the market (or not) soon. Tom
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Been a week with no sign of molds Tom so hope the CNC idea progresses....
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

There were a couple of episodes on Jay Leno's Garage that showed a company that laser scanned some parts and there was a company that coule 3D print with metal the new parts from the scanned info. Might be worth looking at.
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

YSG2017 wrote:I'd like to buy 2 sets. I heard from Paige over at Meyers' this week after inquiring, that a member of the club bought the original molds for these valve covers at the auction a while back. I'm sure another production run would sell out quickly. Who wouldn't buy a set of these if they were reasonably priced (under $300 for a pair)? Can we find out who the owner of these assets are in the club and approach them about making some more? I'm sure it would be a profitable venture that would benefit and appeal to many Manx owners.
I also know where the molds are, and it's not exactly that no one is trying. It's a very long process, and production quality is horrible from the different foundries that have been tried. It's also expensive to just have them set up the tooling, expensive to ship the mold, and there are no guarantees on the outcome. A number of attempts have been made, with about a 10% success rate. Even there are folks willing to pay much, (yes, I was one of the sellers of my pair in one of the above auctions - ONLY to help raise the funds for my Manx II that I found in Texas), not everyone would be. The person that owns the molds is in near constant communication with Winnie, and with various foundries to try and make this happen.
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;