MANX FOR SALE

Dune Buggy Classifieds. Find it, Buy it, Post it, Sell it!
towd-dude

MANX FOR SALE

Post by towd-dude »

I was contacted by Dennis Huber who live in Owyhee, Idaho (50mi north of Boise). He has a Manx for sale.
His description.
Appears to be an Manx 1 with nose and rear badge. No ID tag.
Built on a 60 pan in 1964.
Single port motor.
Last registered in 2014.
Phone # (541) 372-5427
$5000.00 OBO

Bob Kornoff
richvw1

Re: MANX FOR SALE

Post by richvw1 »

do we have any pictures of this manx?
jkranz

Post by jkranz »

Why no ID tag?
Joe magnoondaiwana@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

No id tag because its not real. Oldest scam in the book. You can buy a real Manx with id tag from the Manx store. Easy, New, Real.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

First off, this thread is three years old. Second, Bob is an upstanding guy and long time member of the club. I would trust what he says about his opinion of the car, and even qualifies his statement as being the description of the person selling the car. So far as the car goes, there are many reasons that there is no ID tag on the body. It could be a weekender knock-off body (Manx employees of the day were known to make unauthorized bodies during the weekend to sell for their own profit), it could be a clone (similar body from another company), or it could be real, but the tag was removed for some reason. It does not always mean that it is a scam. Issues like these are why a buyer should educate themselves on what to look for before purchasing anything, including a buggy ("Caveat Emptor"). Ultimately, a potential buyer should look at the car in person, and make an educated decision as to whether the car is as advertised or not. :mrgreen:
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

Never mind. i'm sure he has the authentication and tags by now since its three years old. You probably wouldn't want a new Manx without a mystery anyway.