2016 Manx Club Wall Calendars - In hand - Ready to Ship!

Dune Buggy Classifieds. Find it, Buy it, Post it, Sell it!
abgiles

2016 Manx Club Wall Calendars - In hand - Ready to Ship!

Post by abgiles »

THIS IS THE 2016 CALENDAR. FOR THE 2017, PLEASE SEE THE OTHER POST HERE! MY MAILING ADDRESS HAS CHANGED!! PLEASE READ THE OTHER POST COMPLETELY!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! WE SOLD RIGHT AT 275 CALENDARS THIS YEAR. MIKE DARIO WILL HAVE THE EXTRAS FOR SALE AT THE RETRO EVENT AND BRUCE'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. I AM NOT TAKING ANY MORE ORDERS.!

NOW ON SALE!

Calendar Sale! I placed a second order after I sold out of the first ones, so here's your chance to get a discount! Price is just $12.50. This includes shipping in the United States only. If ordering and wanting them shipped to another country, please contact me at manxcalendar@gmail.com for shipping costs.

Here's how to order:

1. PayPal is the preferred method. Please note that the payment address you may have sent it to last year has been changed! It's now manxcalendar@gmail.com. Please note that PayPal does take a percentage of the funds, so if you'd like to send it as a gift, that's your choice. It's another 75 cents/calendar that goes to the club. Please check the spelling of the above email address, as a number of people have not had their orders go through due to the misspelling of the word "calendar".

2. Good old fashioned checks are also accepted, but it does take a bit of time for me to get them sent this way. You can send them to:

Brian Giles
236 Amber Ridge Trail
Irmo, SC 29063

If you are sending a check, and could possibly email me letting me know the check is on the way, I can have it set aside and packaged to help speed up the process.

Again, member number and address please!

If you order more than 1 calendar, they will be sent USPS Priority Mail (actually cheaper and faster than 1st class with the prepaid mailers), and single orders will ship first class mail.

If you have any issues, please contact me at the above email address, or via facebook messenger. Thanks!!
Last edited by vincent9993 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:23 am, edited 15 times in total.
Reason: Removed sticky
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brad

Re: 2016 Manx Club Wall Calendars - Pre-Order Starts Now!

Post by Brad »

So are these Official Manx Club Calendars or are they just something you are doing on the side with the intent of passing on what you perceive as being profit to the club as a donation ?

I mainly ask as it seems a bit strange to be using a personal PayPal Address if they are "Manx Club Items "
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Brian,

Thank you once again for this fantastic fund raiser you are doing for the club. I know that your personal initiative, that was approved by the MC's BoD, is going to bring in another nice amount of money for the club. Like last year, we appreciate that you are donating 100% of the actual profit (after printing, PayPal, and shipping expenses) of their sale. On behalf of the club, thank you.

FYI, I just ordered my calendars.

Thanks,
Bud
Manx Club Board of Directors
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Ordered mine.

Thank you Brian!!! I hope picking the photo's was easier this year than last.
cvoharley

Post by cvoharley »

Thank you for doing this! Mine is ordered. Next year, I'll submit some photos.
AJ
Manx Club Member # 4697
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

Brad,
I thought it was very clearly explained in the above posting, but just in case there is ANY confusion still, here’s the deal.

I joined the club last year after purchasing my Manx, and although a new member, decided to get involved as much as possible after attending Manx on the Banx. I asked around about the availability of a calendar, and a LOT of people thought it would be great, but nobody was doing them. I decided to jump in with both feet, and proposed a fundraiser to benefit the Manx Club, and ONLY the Manx Club!

I offered to design the calendar, pay for the initial printing and shipping of the calendar out of my OWN pocket, and pay myself back only from the sales, and then send EVERY PENNY after that to the club. This was proposed to the Manx Club Board of Directors, and unanimously approved.

I solicited pictures from Manx Club Members, and spent several weeks designing the calendar.

I sent copies of every scanned receipt (and then the actual paper copies) to the Manx Club Treasurer last year. This was every receipt, including the initial purchase order (that again, I paid for out of my pocket), each and every shipping envelope, and every single Post Office transaction that occurred. I also sent them a detailed listing of exactly how many calendars were sold, and how many had been given away (we donated 3 to Bruce and Winnie, and one to the family of a member that had his buggy in the calendar and then passed away).

When the receipts and DETAILED SPREADSHEET of all transactions were sent to the treasurer, his comment was that if the other people that did events could keep as detailed records as I did, his job would be much easier.

Never mind the fact that I did not ask for a single penny for the gas spent making numerous trips to the Post Office or Office Depot (it might have been Staples, forgive me for forgetting), or the fact that I spent literally hundreds of hours involved in the project, between the forging through pictures, designing the calendar, packaging and shipping of them, etc… the list goes on. I love this club, and EVERY SINGLE PENNY was sent directly to the club.

I will say that YES, it IS ABSOLUTELY AN OFFICIAL MANX CLUB CALENDAR! I’m sorry that you don’t like the payment address, via paypal or to me, but I do take offense at your choice of words, as have several members who have contacted me. I’m not sure why you chose to try and call me out publicly, rather than email me, ask me via Facebook, or maybe even ask the Board of Directors or last year’s Treasurer what they thought. I do realize you’ve been a member a LOT longer than me, and are extremely involved, but I do NOT like trying to be called out by somebody that hasn’t bothered to use the information that is readily available to check things out before having comments such as “perceive as being profits” thrown out. If you pay attention to club’s Facebook page at all, you’d see that I’m as involved as I possibly can be with this great club.

If there’s ANY doubt what so ever, I am absolutely willing to share the email address and PayPal password with the current Treasurer, so he can see every single transaction out there!

Have a nice day!
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Brian,

Thank you for a brief, and concise clarification on the calendar issue. I remember receiving all of the sales and expense data along with a check for the profits on the sales. It was the most complete, detailed report of any I received during my 7+ years as a MC Director. The entire project on the 2015 calendar was '1st Class'.

Do not let the trolls get to you. Most of them are very negative people who are not capable of having positive thoughts & actions.

Joe
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

Thank you all for your support. I have stated all that I feel needs to be stated, and will continue to give 100% to the calendar and club!
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Club Member # 4436

abgiles

Post by abgiles »

The calendar went to print today! I should have them at the beginning of December, and will mail all orders received the day after they arrive.

While the number of pictures this year was larger than last year, the number of people that sent submissions was lower. Those that did submit pictures seemed to send quite a few (Timothy….). It definitely made the decisions harder than last year, and I’m glad it’s finally over for a couple of weeks.

Shipping: I will ship all calendars that I’ve received payments for the day after I receive them, and then at a minimum every two days after that, up until a couple of days right before Christmas. Between Christmas and New Year’s I’ll be traveling. I will take some with me, and may possibly ship out during that time, I can’t promise anything. It will be a busy time for us all, and my family comes first.

A sincere Thank You goes out to everyone that submitted pictures. I appreciate all of the support from everyone.
I apologize that not everyone that submitted a picture got one in the calendar. It would be a decade long calendar (and then some) and then no chance of selling any over the next few years. It was indeed a difficult decision on which ones to choose. I do not have a way to let everyone that submitted a picture know why theirs wasn’t chosen. There were a number of reasons, ranging from picture size, people in the picture, background distracting, and on and on. I tried to make one that flowed, and represented a wide range of buggy enthusiasts.

You will notice that this year there is a higher percentage of Manx buggies on it than last year. This is ONLY due to the fact that more pictures of Manx’s were submitted than any others. Non-Manx buggy pictures were not sent in as much as last year.

I would also like to thank each and every one of you that has purchased a calendar last year, this year, or plans on purchasing one here shortly. Also, thank to Bud Z, Vincent P, and Bob H, for helping with details and dates.

Lastly, to the entire Manx Club Board of Directors for their continued support to the club and allowing me to take this on again this year.

I welcome any and all suggestions for next year’s calendar, and am ready to start soliciting for this coming year’s pictures.
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Club Member # 4436

joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Question, once the calendar comes out, if someone's photo did not make this years, (2016), can they re-submit the photo again for next year, (2017)?

Thanks again for doing this!
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

Great question Joe! And absolutely!

I have several that were re-submitted from last year.

I've tried to vary the buggies and not duplicate buggies this year, or at a minimum given full pages to ones that were given full pages last year. Next year will be wide open again.

Also, by changing over to a designated gmail account only for the calendar, I can save this year's pictures on the drive to keep for next year also.
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Club Member # 4436

Laxkraap

Re: 2016 Manx Club Wall Calendars - In hand - Ready to Ship!

Post by Laxkraap »

Ordered 2.... That is if I didn't screw something up. Not paypal savvy

Thanks Brian!

Tony
"So i got that goin' for me,which is nice"
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

Tony,
If your first name is Robert, and you live in Missouri, then I did receive it, and they will go out today!
Thanks for the support!

Brian
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Club Member # 4436

Laxkraap

Post by Laxkraap »

Brian, yes that's my order.
Again..thanks for all your hard work!

Tony
"So i got that goin' for me,which is nice"
andygere

Post by andygere »

My lovely wife got me one of these calendars for Christmas, what a terrific gift. Thanks for putting together such a nice product.

Andy