(WTB) OPENING MANX HOOD

Dune Buggy Classifieds. Find it, Buy it, Post it, Sell it!
surfnc

(WTB) OPENING MANX HOOD

Post by surfnc »

Looking to buy a Manx opening hood that was offered in the Manx Mania back in the 90's? Let em know what you have and how much you want.

Thanks, Vince
manxdavid

Re: (WTB) OPENING MANX HOOD

Post by manxdavid »

As I said on FB Vince, I've got one that I've been saving for when my Manx were to ever need painting. I guess that shipping would be prohibitive though. :crazy:

I presume you followed the thread on FB where Craig Bernard (he's Bruce's grandson you know?) was saying that the originality of my car would be compromised by fitting it as it wasn't an authorized Meyers Manx part. He recons that it was just something that some other guy made and Bruce let him advertise them in the newsletter. I don't really get this as they were advertised along with the rest of the stuff that they were selling; sidepods, dashes, screens etc. so it's original enough in my eyes. When Meyers Manx re-introduced the badge sets a year or so ago Winnie sold me one even after I admited to her that I wanted the front badge for an opening hood (with no badge shield moulding) and she didn't seem to have a problem. Oh well, who knows??? :?:

rzeller

Post by rzeller »

manxdavid wrote:I presume you followed the thread on FB where Craig Bernard (he's Bruce's grandson you know?) :wink:
langan

Post by langan »

So are these hood sets still available?
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

JJLangan wrote:So are these hood sets still available?
Not in the US, but there are still a set of molds for them in the UK.