My Resorter

Manx Street Roadsters, Resorters, and Utility Cars.
BuggyBob

My Resorter

Post by BuggyBob »

Some of you might remember my Lil Red Resorter. I sold it to someone in New York to finiance my manxter. Im still kicking my self for doing that. Dont get me wrong, I love my Manxter but wish I could of kept my Resorter.

Well, anyway, I lost track of it for awhile , but thanks to to my friend Vince on the East Coast, it has been found. A new club member named Terry from Oklahoma has bought it and we have been in touch lately. He is real excited about owning it and I am so relieved that the resorter is in a good home.

Thanks Terry for giving my resorter a loving home!
ManxManiac

My Resorter

Post by ManxManiac »

Hey Bob, you've heard it many times & you'll hear it many times more... you did a fantastic job on your Resorter! And yes I understand "why" you sold it!

I was told about a Resorter yesterday & checked on it today & I sure hope everything works out, 'cause I have wanted one for a long time! I even know "how" I'm going to build it!
A 3" body lift, 3X3 rear trailing arms, 3" lift front spindles, a custom set of 4 wheel disc brakes, a 091 transaxle with a "reverse-rotation" 180hp Turbo 6 cylinder Corvair engine for power! Also a "Manxter-ish" style rollcage!
Definately a different direction than you went with yours, but I think it will work real well.
Sure hope I get it!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
FulsGld

My Resorter

Post by FulsGld »

Hey Maniac;

Gotta show us pictures of it once you get it. These things are hard to find, and when you find one I would sure like to see it.
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
ManxManiac

My Resorter

Post by ManxManiac »

Hey Gary... since it was mostly covered up, I went back after the owner cleared away the junk.
Well... it is suppose to be a "modified/clone" of an original Manx Resorter. A gentleman in Texas in the mid-1970s, bought an original but wrecked Resorter in Mexico & brought it into the USA with it cut into "fouths"! He put it back together with modifications to the rear, sides & the hood, made a mold off of it & cast 3 bodies/hoods. The molds, the "rebuilt" body/hood "used to make the molds" & 1 of the new bodies were taken back down into Mexico. Of the 2 left, 1 was shipped to Florida to his brother-in-law & the other he built. His name was Tom Carver & he lived in the Houston area. He passed away in the late 1980s.
The body I looked at is very very thin & it does have quite a few cracks in the white gelcoat. It also has about a 100 holes in it that need to be filled. No chassis, as it was very rusted when the owner bought it about 25 years ago & he removed the body & hood & put them in his storage & scrapped the rest. He never touched it again.
This body needs lots & lots of work & I'm having 2nd thoughts! I won't reveal the asking price, but in my opinion it is at least 3 times what I would consider paying. A couple folks are interested if I back out, so if you are interested you'd be 4th in line.
I'll keep you posted on how things are going.
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
FulsGld

My Resorter

Post by FulsGld »

Hey Maniac;

Thanks for the info on this Resorter. I'm not interested in it other than seeing what other Resorters look like. My brother and I bought a Resorter out of Reno last year. We are in the process of stripping it down to just the body. I will fill all of the holes and fix the little damage that it has. Then I will be taking it to a fellow in the next town that will make a mold for me. We will then put it back together and sell it. Diana and I always worry that something will happen to her Turista so we need a mold so we can pop a new body anytime we want just in case. I've had a couple of folks ask if we are going to sell bodies, but that's not what I really want to do. I think I will take it to a couple that I know in CA that do lots of fiberglass bodies for the vintage racing crowd. They can keep it on their property and pop bodies if they like. Again,I just need a body in case anything happens to ours. The low sides are the only things that are keeping us in the sport (well, good friends also).
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112