RESORTER RESTORATION HELP

Manx Street Roadsters, Resorters, and Utility Cars.
T-wire

RESORTER RESTORATION HELP

Post by T-wire »

Hello all....I am trying to restore a true Meyers Manx Resorter (Tourista) and need some help/ suggestions on some details. For a start, I am looking for a set of or details on the restraining bars that fold up/down from the roll bar. I am trying to stay as stock with this restoration as possible and know that this item was usually taken off after time when these buggies were used in their resort destinations. I believe mine has the original roll bar as the holes for these restraining bars are still there but not the brackets. I also have a question regarding the body stiffening brackets. Does anyone know if the Resorter had the same body brackets to stiffen the shell as a regular Manx or were they not put on these. The channel for the wiring that runs along the underside of the rail is there, but I can not see any other bracing either built into the fiberglass or holes for any external bracings. Thanks in advance for any help/details. t-wire
FulsGld

Re: RESORTER RESTORATION HELP

Post by FulsGld »

Hey Tim;

Just noticed your message so sorry it has taken so long to get back with you. Here is a picture of the day I brought the Turista home from Mexico. You can see the original show bar and the arm rests that ID one of these special cars...

I believe the restraining bars were made from 2" stock as they were the same width as the show bar. Sorry I don't have any other dimensions. I gave the show bar and the arm rests to a fellow in Northern California and I don't have his name and he moved.

Mine didn't come with the Meyers tag, but the four holes were there. It had been painted many times during it's life in Mexico. It does have the shipping tubes.

Good luck with the build. The wife has truly enjoyed her buggy that is real easy to get in and out of...

Post some pictures of #15 if possible. Would love to see it.
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
abgiles

Re: RESORTER RESTORATION HELP

Post by abgiles »

Glad to see yet another one coming back to life! Any photos or documentation of yours? I would love to see it. I'm in the middle of a Resorter restoration myself, although it's going to be custom, modeled after the one Bob Hunter did back about 8 years ago. Where are you located?
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;