Side Pods Install??

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
FulsGld

Side Pods Install??

Post by FulsGld »

Hey;

We're trying to install some side pods. Does it normally take a lot (I mean a whole lot) of trimming to get them to fit? Are there and pictures anywhere that would show one how to do this??? We're also trying to figure out how to attach them. Thanks.
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
MyBlueBuggy

Side Pods Install??

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

Gary,

I had to trim off quite a bit to get my side pods to fit correctly. It took quite a bit of trial and error to finally achieve this. I had the disadvantage of trying to fit the side pods with the body only partially separated and it made the experience more difficult than it had to be. Typically the pods are sandwiched between the body and the chassis and bolted down with the body mounting bolts. The pods can also be secured to the body at the front and rear with a couple bolts at each end.
Carltons

Side Pods Install??

Post by Carltons »

Yes it can take quite alot. Just remember it is easier to remove than it is to add back on.Good Luck
Tom-Kathleen

Side Pods Install??

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I thought the pods were designed to go under the edge of the pan to cover it up.  Doing it that way also lets you put bolts through the body and pan to support the side pods on more that just the ends.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)