SWING AXLES AND FULCRUM WEAR LIFE

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
lastmanx

SWING AXLES AND FULCRUM WEAR LIFE

Post by lastmanx »

my transaxle of 45,000 miles and 20 years suffered terribly due to my ignorance and abuse. new benco trans with super diff on way. new axles , new fulcrum plates, used fulcrum gear, new bearings, seals gaskets on the way. I know not to make the same mistakes that caused the first trans to detonate. I understand the fulcrum plates and axle need to mesh with wear. how soon until they wear in. also what is the life span of a new axle. I need to get more than another 20 years out of it. it will drive 33x12.5 radial A/T tire , powered with sand sealed DP1600. if axles wear out I would like to have an idea when, so I can just replace worn axles. see gallery if need .
GotManx

Re: SWING AXLES AND FULCRUM WEAR LIFE

Post by GotManx »

20 years and 45,000 miles with that big of tire is not bad. Maybe pull it out for a service in 10 years just to check things out and replace any worn parts.
lastmanx

Re: SWING AXLES AND FULCRUM WEAR LIFE

Post by lastmanx »

most fulcrum wear due to full toe in on trailing spring plates. now back to factory notch. but to check for wear: continental kit, bumper, engine, then transaxle, and finally axles. need come apart, not fun would rather do it when sure replacement required. thanks though.