Brake/Clutch Pedal/cylinder assemblies

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
pkouletsis

Brake/Clutch Pedal/cylinder assemblies

Post by pkouletsis »

I finally started the engine on the Manx and it sounds sweet <photos coming soon>. Disc brakes front and rear, and hydraulic clutch slave, but what pedal assemblies are any of you using to control all of this in a manx. I don't really WANT to cut through the frame member and tub to fit forward mounted hydraulics. Has anybody done a dual master overhung with balance bar, such as a Tilton?
bending front cage hoop tomorrow, wish me luck. :crazy:447844794482
pkouletsis

Re: Brake/Clutch Pedal/cylinder assemblies

Post by pkouletsis »

bent the front hoop and set it up for welding, but had to deal with other matters, will post again when I get back to the shop4480
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

You could mount the clutch master cylinder inside of the the tunnel and modify the clutch pedal cross shaft end to operate it.
SACO/German Auto sells a bolt in kit to do it. On the raffle Kick Out SS I install a Wilwood master cylinder inside the tunnel with a remote reservoir. You need to make a access hole in the tunnel on the other side from the pedal assembly to get to the master cylinder. Makes sure to reinforce opening so tunnel will not crack.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Here his a couple of pictures giving you and idea on what needs to be done to fit a master cylinder inside of tunnel for the clutch. The hose coming out of tunnel in front is for the reservoir (lower corner of picture) for clutch. Reservoir was mounted on firewall above brake master cylinder.
I had to make a bracket to hold master cylinder in place inside the tunnel. Line to slave is a covered braided -3 ran inside of the tunnel.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970