Where is my brake master cylinder located?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Momboy007

Where is my brake master cylinder located?

Post by Momboy007 »

Hello All,
I am trying to find my master cylinder for my brakes. Are the hoods removable on my car?

Thanks all in advance

(I feel like such a dummy asking)

Rick
Tom-Kathleen

Re: Where is my brake master cylinder located?

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

If you don't know, it is not a stupid question, we all had to learn at some point. Lift up the front of the buggy, remove the drivers side front wheel and you should see it near the center of the car, right in front of the brake pedal. You should not have to take off the hood on a "normal" buggy. Tom
Last edited by Tom-Kathleen on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

read the recommended books I mentioned and you could answer it yourself. the information could come in handy someday. I mean this in the nicest way possible. some opportunistic people may take advantage of you because of this. but have a great day.
Momboy007

Post by Momboy007 »

Hello All,
I did find the brake plunger (connected to front side of Brake Pedal) and the reservoir for the brake fluid, located on the right hand side, just underneath the hood and behind the front right tire, it appears it gravity feeds to the plunger assy.

I am going to go through this system this Weekend, I am not happy with the line that runs from the reservoir to the plunger, where it goes into the pluger, there is just a rubber grommet with a hole in the middle of it that the filler tube runs through, seems kindof Ghetto to me!!!!

Any Advise?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

?
Last edited by lastmanx on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Be gentle with him. Remember, we all have to fall down a few times before we can walk. :mrgreen: