Mazda Seats

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
L8ndeb

Mazda Seats

Post by L8ndeb »

Hello All,

I've been looking around at seats, and just wondering if anybody has used any Miata MX-5 M edition seats?

Tia
Leyton in Reno
calvin

Re: Mazda Seats

Post by calvin »

I have a set of Mazda RX7 Turbo II seats that I plan to use. The Miata seats in my daughter's Miata are very similar. Both of these two sports cars have very low roof lines and therefor the seats and the sliders, etc sit very low in the car. I think they would be good choices to avoid a body lift. I haven't taken exact measurements, but I will very soon.

Calvin
L8ndeb

Post by L8ndeb »

calvin wrote:I haven't taken exact measurements, but I will very soon.

Calvin
Thanks Calvin. I wonder if they are close to the MX-5 M edition? Those are the ones with the speakers in the headrest.
Leyton in Reno
langan

Post by langan »

I here 914 seats are good to. I have beard in mine2310 with no body lift need to lower windshield
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

get your tape measure out. I have a 3 inch body lift kit so I have wide seats that hang over tunnel. previously I had deserter gt-bounty hunter,seats sat below tunnel,used 914 seats no adjuster fit nice also 1980 gm type seats (Camaro) worked. measure remeasure, seat mounting can be difficult, it is why project incomplete buggies have unmounted or missing seats. don't be disappointed if it takes a long time.(I once told a bodyman my hobby was building dune buggys, he said "oh you like spending all day fabricating on a bracket", he got it.)
langan

Post by langan »

Yes seat mounts are tougher on pan cars. Worth the extra effort to sit just the way you want. To fit the beard type I removed covers changed tads cut pan and made mounts then filled back in pan. But I like the position now. Will still need to bend head rest
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

I have found that you will like your seat, regardless of what kind it is, much better if you have the front of the seat about 1" - 1 1/2" higher than the back!!! It won't fatigue your legs & it slightly changes the angle of your back too!!! Xena has 1965 Ford Mustang seats with the factory sliders, though once I set them, I've never adjusted them again!!! Best part is that after 300 miles with only one stop for gas, when you get out your legs actually feel rested along with the rest of your body!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
L8ndeb

Post by L8ndeb »

calvin wrote:I have a set of Mazda RX7 Turbo II seats that I plan to use. The Miata seats in my daughter's Miata are very similar. Both of these two sports cars have very low roof lines and therefor the seats and the sliders, etc sit very low in the car. I think they would be good choices to avoid a body lift. I haven't taken exact measurements, but I will very soon.

Calvin
Hi Calvin,

Well I picked up my Miata MX-5 seats yesterday. They are rough! But couldn't beat the price. I knew going in I would need to reupholster them. Have found kits online ranging from a couple hundred bucks to ridiculous. Anyway.....I would like to know when you get around to mounting them if you could supply some pics and your thoughts.

TIA
Leyton in Reno