Radiator for manxter wing

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Artie8804

Radiator for manxter wing

Post by Artie8804 »

I know that the rod David radiator is the radiator of choice for the manxter wing, but I am curious if anyone has tried any other options with success. From what I have investigated the radiator is 19"x 28" which is widely available on the market. The one thing that the Ron Davis radiator has is the radiator fill neck in the proper location for the fiberglass wing, but in my opinion this is not something that a little tig welding couldn't solve.

I called Ron Davis and the manxter radiator is 2k. Eastwood.com has a 19"x 28" triple pass radiator that is $200. I know that you get what you pay for but the price delta is huge. It's worth the $200 investment to give it a shot in my opinion. Has anyone had any success with any other type of radiator? I should mention that I am not willing to be converted to a front mount radiator. Thanks for the input in advance.
jsturtlebuggy

Re: Radiator for manxter wing

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Does the $200 radiator come with a shroud and dual Spal fans?
If you are good fabricator and have the time you can always make something else work. The radiator in Bruce's silver Manxter Dual Sport is smaller than what I am using. The Ron Davis is large enough to cool a 3.0L 6 cylinder Subaru engine.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Artie8804

Re: Radiator for manxter wing

Post by Artie8804 »

It does have a fan should that can be purchased separate. The fan that is available for that radiator is a single 16" fan. I will have to fabricate the support for the radiator anyways so I should be ok with using a different one.