Fix before Somebody Gets Killed

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
L8ndeb

Re: Fix before Somebody Gets Killed

Post by L8ndeb »

Hi Bob,

Would love you to see it, but it is now in pieces. I am going through the restoration process, and I am learning as I go since I have never had one before. It would be a little humbling for me to have anybody see it now. However, my number is 775-742-5135 (cell)

Thanks
Leyton in Reno
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

No need to try and do everything by yourself if there is someone willing to help nearby :P The more help you can get, the faster it will be back on the road! :mrgreen:

I looked at the hand brake support gusset that Turn Key Manx-Dan's Performance has and while it does cover the heater control slots, it does not cover the rear pan seam over the hump.
L8ndeb

Post by L8ndeb »

Hey Bossman,

I was thinking the same thing myself about the bracket. Might be OK for the handbrake area, but does not address the issue at the tunnel cut. And about help, I didn't see anything about Bob offering help, just wanted to come look at it.........;o), just kidding. I am open to any and all help since this is my first go at this. That is why I posted my number. If he wants to come over and lend a hand, just give me a call.

BTW, thanks for your help and suggestions/comments in this thread. Gives me some things to do and to watch for.
Leyton in Reno
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Beefed mine up and added an access panel.