Siggy Manx battery choice

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
eurekagary

Siggy Manx battery choice

Post by eurekagary »

what battery are you using? Size and photos please. Got my engine and I forget I needed to finish the wiring with a battery. Duh!
Thanks
Gary and annie
langan

Re: Siggy Manx battery choice

Post by langan »

Being an old fart I normally go with big batterys but this time I went with XS Power battery installed under gas tank and have not had any problems. It has 550 cranking amps 6.5long x 9.93wide x 4.92hige and weighs 23.5 lbs.
There are some new really light weigh battery out now. Like the Ballistic EV02 3lbs 500 cranking 4.5sq x 4.5high bought it for another build and to keep it fresh I start and charge my Ford v10 van.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Gary, I using Odyssey PC 925 batteries in both buggies. The one in the Kick Out fit in the battery well location. I found a nice aluminum bracket to mount it. The batteries last a long time. The one in the Manxter has been in there since 2008 (knock on wood) and in the Kick Out since 2010. I do use master disconnect switch on both. Even with them setting for months some times they hold a charge. I bought a special charger and have only used it a couple of times when I used the battery to jump other things.
I am also looking at when I do replace the Odyssey battery I my go with the XS Power battery as it close to same specs and a little cheaper.
I have to get pictures for you.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Gary,
Here are a few picture of what I have.

Joseph
Manx Club #1095