Great day at Manx Central

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
jsturtlebuggy

Great day at Manx Central

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Thursday morning met up with the buggy bunch for breakfast at Papa Bear's in Valley center. Met Andrew, Mick, and Nelly who are from Australia. After breakfast went to Bruce and Winnie's place where saw Tim, Bruce's son who is building a Tear Drop trailer to tow behind his Manxter. Andrew showed me his Manxter that he taking home with him. Very beautiful metalflake finish. We all got into the van and went to Jim Guthrie's place to look at his collection of buggies and cars. Had a great time just taking buggies and VDubs and looking at pictures that they had brought with them. If you think we have it bad here in America, in Australia it worse for really is no place to drive off the road. What they call the Greenies have been able to close down large areas from vehicle use. Also the guys told me their speed limit everywhere is 100KPH which is about 63MPH. Drive to fast and they take your car away.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

What no pix,,Sounds like a good time,,I could hang out with Bruce for days,,
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Sorry Tim, No pictures. I forget to take any of them, I just get so involved with what is going on at the moment and remember later after it is to late.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

I here ya,,Im the same way,,Bruce still getting around good,I know he has a B/Day coming up ?
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Bruce is doing great and in his element today with all the buggy people here today in Calico. Buggy count is somewhere around 75 for the runs today. Bruce's birthday is on the 12th. Party tonight in Calico to celebrate it.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095