deck lid

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
wildthing

deck lid

Post by wildthing »

anyone have pictures of the new deck lid installed yet? and can it be installed with a rollbar in place.thanks
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

I believe that there are only about 3 or 4 decklid kits in the owners hands at this time. I also think only 1 or 2 sets were ordered with the hardware option. Other than that the only installed deck lid kits are the Kickout SS that was at Carlisle last May. Owned by John Denmat. Bruce also drives a red KickOut with a deck lid. I bet Winnie at Meyers Manx, Inc. could answer your questions better that anyone else. You can also wait about 90 days & then I may be able to have finished the process myself.
Joe Spittler - 1118
bornred62

Post by bornred62 »

I've got mine mounted on my berrien buggy. Check out my pics. on the archives site. Search in general section kick outshould find it there.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="wildthing;15953"]anyone have pictures of the new deck lid installed yet? and can it be installed with a rollbar in place.thanks[/QUOTE] Bruce did a great job on the hinges so they go up and back away from the roll bar when you open the hood,,It won't hit your roll bar,,I have my kit,but it won't be installed for a month or so,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="wildthing;15953"]anyone have pictures of the new deck lid installed yet? and can it be installed with a rollbar in place.thanks[/QUOTE] Bruce did a great job on the hinges so they go up and back when you open the hood,,It won't hit your roll bar,,I have my kit,but it won't be installed for a month or so,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Here is a picture of the hinges ,You can see that it moves the lid away from the roll bar,,Hope this helps Tim
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Here is an idea I worked on today ,I am going to put in an electric latch for the lid with a button inside the car to release the lid,,Hook it up so the key has to be on to open it,,Nice and clean,No ugly lock .I will need the lid to lift by itself,So I had a 6" shock sitting around from a BMW LT motorcycle seat,,I made a bar that well bolt to the lower part of the hinge and through the body,,The shock is hooked to the upper hinge on a ball,,Here is pix ,,It works great,,Now I just need to find another shock..I well now make the bar out of a nice piece of aluminum ,,What do you think,,,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

The hinges arms are way to loose .So I took out the wave washer (B) and replaced it with a thicker steel washer (A),,Works great,They are nice and tight now and move freely, A mod worth doing,,
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

Way to go Tim! Looks like a great modification! Any idea how much the deck lid weighs???
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="theManiac;16099"]Way to go Tim! Looks like a great modification! Any idea how much the deck lid weighs???[/QUOTE] The deck lid maybe weights a couple of pounds,,Not much,I think I am going to make a frame to set on top of the hinges and then the lid well mount to that. Give it a little more weight and strength ,,I think 2 shocks are going to flex the top lid with out the frame,,I well post pix as I go...Still have a lot of thinking to do..
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

I just talked to Toni at http://www.liftsupportsdepot.com and he or she ( I was on line ) hooked me up with 2-11" shocks with only 20lbs of force each to close ,So 2 shocks , 40lbs of force,,That should work with no frame,,dose not take much pressure to push down 40lbs,