2010 Calico Run date is set! ! !

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
towd-dude

2010 Calico Run date is set! ! !

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]All, The 2010 Calico Run date is March 5-7 at the KOA campground, see link below. NOT the same campground we were at last year. This campground has a utility room we can use for meetings and they will have movies and popcorn for kids in the evenings. They have a general store for necessities and food, grocery stores and restaurants near by. Saturday night dinner at the restaurant in the Calico Ghost Town same as last year. More information on dinner later. This campground is FLAT and it is only 3 miles from the ghost town. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]They give AAA discount and tell them your are with the Manx Club (no discount for that, just nest us together)[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]KOA Campground Barstow/Calico (760) 254-2311[/FONT] http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05233/ [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Don't forget to make your reservations early![/FONT]
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Yee Haw! Just made my reservations. This should be a great run. Had a ball this year on it!
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Scott, give me a call asap @ 775-771-6428 Just made my res
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Bob, Made the reservations this morning. Did find out they are giving a discount group rate for the club. It is the same as the AAA discount. Looking forward to having a great time.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

It looks like there are 2 cabins at the KOA campground and on the other side of the I-15 (freeway) there is the Oak Tree Inn for those that are not camping. Oak Tree Inn (760) 254-1148 35450 Yermo Rd, Yermo, CA Also real close is Peggy Sue's Diner, a 50's style resturant.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

We just made our reservations. 4th-7th in one of the cabins. Should be fun.
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Al and I will be there.. Looking forward to it, had a great time last year. We stayed at the KOA camp ground during the run last year and I think everyone will be pleased. It is very similar to the campground we use in Lone Pine. The drive to the Ghost Town is an easy one and there are some nice resturants, gas station and hotel less that a block away. They are pet friendly with a nice area out back for dog walking.
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

Even though the Calico Run is the weekend before my North of Mojave Adventure, Patricia & I are probably going to "motel it" & join you for the FUN FUN FUN!!! See you on the adventure trail........
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I booked in at the Oak tree Inn across the street from the KOA see you there
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

It is a very large street that sits higher than the campground.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

We'll be there - camping this time - just made our reservation at KOA. We used the Oak Tree Inn last year and it worked out fine. Don't know if Beezer's reno will be finished but, if not, we'll be doin' a street run in Aztec Fire. Looking forward to it - had a blast last year! Connie & Lynn Breedlove Santa Paula, CA Members 1634 Old Clone - Beezer Original Manx - Aztec Fire
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

How about admission to the Ghost Town? Will we have to pay at the gate since the event is held elsewhere?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Mel, I havent worked out those details yet. Will keep yall posted.
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

were is the show and shine? do we call the koa for the club price. i well be there thurs fri sat. its time for a 3 hour tour!! stuart
stubenj

Post by stubenj »

Just booked my site thurs 4th-sun. looking forward great time.