Manx Kick Out SS pics...

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
manxdavid

Manx Kick Out SS pics...

Post by manxdavid »

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Yeah David, It a shame that the debut gets on the Samba before our website. I talked to Winnie before they left and she said that she didnt have anyway to release pics of the SS before the car show. The person who took the pics probably wanted to get them up quickly so the Samba was the place to go. On the bright side, check out the July issue of Hot Vws, the Manx Club Calico run is in it. BTW, the SS looks sweet.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;13659"]Yeah David, It a shame that the debut gets on the Samba before our website. I talked to Winnie before they left and she said that she didnt have anyway to release pics of the SS before the car show. The person who took the pics probably wanted to get them up quickly so the Samba was the place to go. On the bright side, check out the July issue of Hot Vws, the Manx Club Calico run is in it. BTW, the SS looks sweet.[/QUOTE] Hot VWs is getting hard to get hold of over here. I'll see if my brother in law can score me a copy as I'll be over at his (Pensacola FLA) at the end of next month. I wonder if Winnie would mind if I posted a shot I took of a prototype SS hood that I took when I was there in Feb.? Bruce obviously rejected that style. It had moulded in headlights.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Yup, scooped again :-(
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
manxfwin

Post by manxfwin »

Be careful,you guys are walking a thin line when you post stuff like that,you must be juvenile,self centered and foolish to think you can obtain exclusive info on this site simply because you are a MANX CLUB member.:-)
shaky

Post by shaky »

[quote="Manxdavid;13660"]Hot VWs is getting hard to get hold of over here. I'll see if my brother in law can score me a copy as I'll be over at his (Pensacola FLA) at the end of next month. I wonder if Winnie would mind if I posted a shot I took of a prototype SS hood that I took when I was there in Feb.? Bruce obviously rejected that style. It had moulded in headlights.[/quote] Hi David I have some that I took last August but I'm not sure They should be shown ;-)
shaky

Post by shaky »

OK That's it. My Frogeye Sprite has to go as does the Fiat 500, I'll keep the splitscreen van but I have to have one of these!!!
Gary1719

Hood

Post by Gary1719 »

I like some of the hood but i can live with out the lights like that. I wonder if you need that rod running thru the dash to the top of the window frame? I thought it might be more like the manxter hood and window frame.The dash is nice.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I thought the windshield was going to be more like the Manxter, but Bruce pointed out to me that this buggy doesn't have the same type of roof support system. The roof support holds up the manxter windshield and surround. The bar that runs down the center of the windshield is a support for the windshield. We really loved the buggy so Tom plans to be the first on our block to get one. Now we have to decide what color. Oh my... so many to choose from! Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="manxter10;13665"]Image[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=gary1719;13668]I like some of the hood but i can live with out the lights like that. I wonder if you need that rod running thru the dash to the top of the window frame? I thought it might be more like the manxter hood and window frame.The dash is nice.[/QUOTE] The rod adds a lot of support to the windshield frame, otherwise the frame would need to be much heavier. It also make a nice spot to mount the mirror.
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

The Kick Out looked great and the nice part is that when i was talking to Winnie she was saying that the trunk and side pods will fit the classic Manx also. So now i need to save money :)