How did you enjoy your buggy today?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

I met Dave Barrett last night in Mesa AZ and picked up my Chassis,,What a great guy,Took him to dinner,He is the kind of person you can talk to forever,Great stories,,,Anyway here is a picture of his trailer,The Manx on the front is off to Florida ,It has a full tube chassis with cage,,Its sweet,,,My chassis is the one on the back,,Let the build begin Image
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I think I cured the backfiring, popping, sneezing and exhaust cackle that the Manx has been suffering from since last weekend. After trying for the usual air leaks, ingition wires, fuel filters etc. and numerous unsucessful test runs she was getting low on gas. I was a bit far away from my usual supermarket cheapo gas station so filled up at the local Shell garage...problem solved!!! It's a long time since I suffered from bad gas!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
BuggyBob

I helped Bob Kornoff wire up his manx

Post by BuggyBob »

This is Bob Kornoffs freshly restored Manx. spent all weekend wiring and changing out the tranny. Image Image Image Image[
BuggyBob

4 more

Post by BuggyBob »

Image Image Image Image
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Bob, What and where is the fuse block in your pics from? Thanks, Bob[/FONT]
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

That fuse block is a Painless. But dont let the name fool you. Its a pain in the butt to marry that and a buggy wiring kit together
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

We mounted the same fuse and ground block in exactly the same place. The Painless fuse block worked well for our needs, and the blade style fuses are easy to find.
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Bob and Mike, Thanks for the info, I will take a look and see if it will do what I to try. Bob[/FONT]
Gary1719

Orange Buggy

Post by Gary1719 »

Your Buggy looks very well done. Good Job. Gary 1719#
El-Lobo

Post by El-Lobo »

I increased my coil over spring rate to #350 over #400. Too bad Eibach no longer makes their springs Red.... Image
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Looks red, white & blue to me, have a great "4th"
Gene-C

Lake Tahoe Buggy Prep

Post by Gene-C »

Yesterday we got the new jets in the Webers. What a difference. Today the new Saco Clutch hydraulic hose arrived. It will be installed by late this evening. Then I can drive the buggy. I will enjoy having a functional clutch. I expect it to start raining. It has been nice & sunny since the tube blew out on th clutch. We will make a test run over to Silver Lake in 2 weeks.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

How Did I enjoy the buggy today? This is Justie. Buggybobs 13 year old daughter! Today I was begging Bob to take me and my friend on a ride...so he gave in although it was about to rain and was freezing outside! He at first told me that he was not going on the dirt something like-"This buggy is $20,000 and it takes me 3 hours to clean it correctly" whatever! He took me out on the dirt and stopped. Said "Switch drivers!" What? That was the first thought that went through my head! I had to drive?!?!?! So I started out in first...scared half to death...I had never had so much control in my life! So then when I started to get going I was thinking Ok! This isn't so bad...it's actually kind of...Fun!So then came time for second....I was great. I loved it! So then...I had to pee. I hiked out behind a bush...in the middle of the dessert and as you men say "Got 'er Done" then it was time to reverse! Oh No Oh No Oh No!! I thought that was going to be difficult....Think again! It was trying to go straight after that... I could not seem to go....I kept stalling the stupid thing. Like 5 times! So after that I just kept driving right along....avoiding the bumps and rocks apologetically saying sorry every time I thought I did something wrong...which was more than I could count on my fingers and toes. So then I was hitting 25-real Evil Knievel right? When Bob says "Third Gear!" OK! I thought I was ready....No way! I Shifted and the engine didn't sound quite right...what was I to do? Push the clutch and slam the brake was my first reaction...Whoo! I guess I just wasn't ready for third gear.......after more rocks and more "Sorries!!" I had to pee...again! So I told Bob and I pulled over.....OK.....Mission accompilshed. We were at the pavement by this time....so it was time for him to drive. Boo! I wanted to go all the way home....but I guess it's illegal.....Hmm...Darn! I'll definately need some more practice but for a newbie.....I was pretty good...I didn't crash so I guess that's a good sign right? I sure thought so! Well,I thoroughly enjoied the buggy...more then ever before! I can't wait until I'm 16 and can drive on the runs! But I might need a little more practice....(:
Lee

Post by Lee »

Justie, Sounds like a pretty typical adventure when I'm driving! Good story!
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I just fitted a new (to me) shifter that I picked on thesamba. It's a variation on the old Hurst design that Bugpack came up with in the mid 90s with an AC Cobra-like claw instead of the more usual loop. Probably a bit dangerous in the event on a shunt but I like it...it's kinda traditional and a bit different rolled into one... Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)