Headlights for a Dean Jefferies Coyote

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Ive been asked by club member Glen in Montana what type of headlight assemblies are correct for a Coyote buggy.
Anybody know?
MELFOL

Post by MELFOL »

Bob. First, I don't know. Not sure which Kyote he has or whether there is a difference. The earliest pix I found of one seemed to have flip up headlights. If he doesn't get a sure answer, how big is the hole in the fiberglass? If it is big enough to take a 7" headlight I think I'd try to find headlight holders from an old car (junk yard stuff) and mount them in the holes. It might take a bit of shade tree engineering.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Hi Mel,
First, I would like to say"Welcome Home!" Its been a while and I hope you and Paulette are doing great.
Second, I think this guy is trying to be "period correct". From what Ive seen on these body styles is either 7 in headlight assembles screwed in there some how or chrome buckets mounted behind the fiberglass. I have a friend here in Reno that has a Schalako and he fiberglassed his headlights in the body but made them removable