Bikini Top

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Mstokes, sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Been extremely busy and haven't been on-line for a while. The "end strip" that I am talking about is just the trim piece that finishes off the edges all the way down each side and the back. Keeps any of the cut ends of the material from freying in the wind. Yes, a home machine with a straight stitch should work just fine. So long as you go slowly, it should be able to make it through the material.
mstokes

How Much Denero?

Post by mstokes »

Where to purchase and How Much Denero for the Sombraro? :D
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

I put a "Jeep Tops" link in my first post. You can start there.
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

Our new top. Its not a Jeep top but its almost as nice. Image Image Image
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

why buy a jeep top and fit it when you can buy it ready to install.
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

[QUOTE="LIGreenManx"]why buy a jeep top and fit it when you can buy it ready to install.[/QUOTE] Price. TJKustoms makes some great products and that top looks really sharp, but it's also over 6 times the price for the cheaper one.
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

Tom should answer that question i was just making a point JMO
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

Better material, Made in America, Production costs. I cannot compete with Besttop on price but I can beat them on quality and fit. It takes a lot of time and effort to bring a product like this to market. Ron, There is nothing wrong with doing the Besttop thing if you are capable of doing it for your self. The down side to it is, If you bring it to a shop to have it fit the price will be close to the same by the time you are done with less quality. Our goal was to deliver a high quality top to the custom for less then a kustom shop can provide. I think we succeeded. BTW these tops are computer cut to allow for consistency.
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

I agree
Lee

Post by Lee »

"I cannot compete with Besttop on price but I can beat them on quality and fit." The good news is I can see a shift in mentality among Americans these days. Even though the economy is bad, people are fed up with cheap junk from China. People are realizing that cheap goods are more expensive in the long run. They are becoming more willing to pay a bit more today to avoid paying a lot more later. Keep up the good work!
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

Tom, I don't see it on your web. What is price going to be? Thanks Gary
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

They come in White, Black, Saddle, Tan, LT Grey, DK Grey, Beige, DK Blue and Midnight Blue Vinyl. They can be made with Pinpoint or Sail Cloth for even more color choices. The stayfast has more colors including Purple and Yellow. Pin Point is $200.00 Cabrio is $250.00 Stayfast cloth is $350.00 Cabrio is the nicer looking of the vinyls. That is the stuff in the photos. Forgive me for not having the web site updated. I have been focused on so many things the past few months. Some things tend to get neglected. When it comes to my product line. For the most part, I am Master in chief, head cook, bottle washer and pattern maker at Tijuana Kustoms world headquarters.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

They look great Tom. I'm trying to figure out a top for my buggy and your timing could not have been any better. I may just be calling you soon.
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Tom (or anyone else here) could you provide a good link for information and photos of the fabrics available. I'm not familiar with any of them (well, other than seeing the photos of the Cabrio here.. Looks real sharp BTW).
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

[QUOTE="73SpeedBuggy"]Tom (or anyone else here) could you provide a good link for information and photos of the fabrics available. I'm not familiar with any of them (well, other than seeing the photos of the Cabrio here.. Looks real sharp BTW).[/QUOTE] Like the carpets, It is real hard to show the true nature of the materials on line but we are trying. I will try to post some soon.