My still incomplete blue buggy. A Fiber Jet Manx.

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

[QUOTE="OldManx"]TOM...... You might think about "up-sizing" those battery cables... :2cents: :D[/QUOTE] Will do Bill. They're on "the list" of buggy honey-do's :D I had too much trouble getting my carbs synced so I dragged the buggy to see Joe (jsturtlebuggy). He got the carbs dialed in today. Taking it to work tommorrow. :D
TMc2548

K.i.s.s.

Post by TMc2548 »

It was a long road but the buggy is finally on it. Thanks for all your help. I couldn't have done it without the Manx Club From nasty ole Baja to beautiful little Princess*. Won't be kissing any Tow'd that's for sure. * Seems the name sort of stuck during the couple of Tahoe runs I was on due to the fact she never got really dirty. The two runs, Angora Lookout and Virginia City she only saw pavement. Anyhoo... Here are a few pictures I took today after I dusted her off. Image Image Image haven't stopped smiling yet...
dennis-and-cathy

New baby

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

Tom was great to see the new baby at Tahoe. You did a great job she looked wonderful and ran as good as she looked. Was fun Sunday hope to see it on a dirt road in the near future. :hello:
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

I was headed back home after the run on Saturday evening and passed someone who was waving and smiling and towing a very nice looking blue buggy up Hwy 50. I figured it had to be Tom.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Well I've been working on the poor little buggy whenever I could but that has been limited. I have a couple of new things to show. I redid the exhaust for a quieter ride and more asthetic appearance. I also have a new front bumper. Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the poor exhaust pic, I took that one at night in the garage. I'll have better ones in the future. Image Image
Gary1719

Nice Buggy

Post by Gary1719 »

Tom nice job, guys like you give me hope some day i can start on mine soon. i always like pictures when people post what they have done. your first ride is always the most fun! Gary 1719# 68 manx on stand by for now .
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Here's the latest driveway pictures. Image Image Image I'm really having alot of fun with this thing. So glad I caught the disease.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Way too clean, needs to get out and excersize!!!
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

NO! Dirt is bad! Nice clean buggy is desired! Ha ha! Just kidding. I'm still waiting for that opportunity to come and get her soiled. Until then it's pampering and well, who am I kidding. I love to drive it and seriously cannot keep my foot off the gas. She runs awesome and purrs like a lion. Today I took her into the shop during a slow period and changed her oil. She also got a brake and clutch adjustment. Now she runs even better. Image
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Hay tom,,I really like that color,,Is it a stock color or something you mixed up ??? Im just starting my build and im having a hard time picking a color,Its down to a blue or red !!!
manxfwin

Post by manxfwin »

Image Go RED!!!
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Tim, The color I got was the last of this blue color Fiber Jet had left. In fact there wasn't enough gel coat remaining to make me a set of side pods. I love this shade of blue. Picking a color for your buggy may at first seem difficult but I say go with your favorite. It will look great no matter what.