Manxter #033 on the scale

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Olli

Manxter #033 on the scale

Post by Olli »

Put #033 on a scale today. With 11 gallons of fuel ,yes there was room for more fuel !!! My cruising range will be excellent. Yes, the roof was on and remember mine is padded and covered with a headliner. I would say that the roof weighs 20-25 lbs.(????) 1980lbs. That is a little heavier than I had anticipated by 150-200 lbs. The red Subi powered Manxter that Bruce built weighed 18XX lbs. But I don't know for sure. And with the VW gas tank it most likely only had 5 or 6 gallons of fuel. The torque from the Subi 2.5L is simply fantastic and moves that 1980 lbs as if it were 980 lbs. Kathleen, did you ever weigh your Manxter? Anyone else? Olli
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Olli - I tried to weigh Kathleen's Manxter, but the truck scale I went to would not read it. My buggy weighs 1400# with similar parts, I would guess her car is @ 1600 # at most. I need to go someplace else and get a real reading. Almost 2000# for your car? Wow, you should have let me take some more weight out of the brakes. LOL The price for all of those custom parts is high, but it is well worth it. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)