muir book i found

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
90volts

muir book i found

Post by 90volts »

Look what i found! looks like the perfect shop book. i didn't know they came spiralbound! and for a whopping $7.50 it's a 1974 version so it should cover what i have. mostly 68 and 73 parts. Image Image
joemama

muir book

Post by joemama »

About 2 weeks ago, I was at a garage sale, and the guy had a timing light, a multi function Sears diagnostic machine (tach, dwell, ampmeter, voltmeter) as well as vaccum gauge, compression tester, a second hand held dwell/tach, and all for $20.00, when I told him I would be using this on a V.W., he went and got a Muir manual like the one you have, as well as a 2nd one with a light blue cover, a orange Haynes manual, and said they where part of the deal!
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

This is my copy. i bought it new. Image Image
Buggy-Bum-2

Post by Buggy-Bum-2 »

OK, it tells you how to keep it alive, But does it tell you how to keep it CLEAN or how to CLEAN it.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[QUOTE="Buggy Bum 2"]OK, it tells you how to keep it alive, But does it tell you how to keep it CLEAN or how to CLEAN it.[/QUOTE] Chapter 1. Step 5. Cleanliness "Keep everything clean as you go along. Clean parts so they shine, or get someone to do it. When you are through, clean your tools and put them away before you take your coveralls off, then clean yourself and change your clothes before you drive the car, or at least cover the seat with something so you don't get the inside greasy." John Muir
90volts

Post by 90volts »

Rofl! burn!
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

I take all my technical manuals to a copy shop, usually Kinko's, and have them cut off the spine and coil bind the book. Coil binding is a continuous spring-shaped piece of plastic that is semi-crush-resistant. I think this is the best way to get it to lay flat while I'm wrenching. The only thing you have to watch out for is the inside white space margins need to be large enough that when cutting off the spine, they don't remove any text or pictures. Costs about $4-7 each, depending on the thickness of the book or the friendliness of the Kinko's staff person (make a friend :cool: ).
90volts

Post by 90volts »

never heard of that. cool thanks. i'll see what they say about the bentley.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Here's what my Bentley looks like. Image And, the tightest inside pages I could find by just flipping the pages is... Image I chose just about the largest coil and it only came in white at the time I did it. I wanted a very easy to turn page environment, instead of making the coil smaller and have the pages have problems, like being damaged at the coil holes.
Buggy-Bum-2

Post by Buggy-Bum-2 »

That book is talking about grease! I am talking about NJ PINE BARREN MUD.