Favourite Haunts!

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
markmark

Favourite Haunts!

Post by markmark »

Where is your favourite place to take your buggy? Post your pictures here..... Here's some spots of mine...........................
markmark

Post by markmark »

Some pics of the Lancelin Dunes......
ralphdjeeper

Favourite Place

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi all , One of my favourite places is called Deepcreek, it is located here in the high desert, about 2 miles from my house, the river bed changes every year and the water goes from full width to only a small stream and then dry, have been going there for over 22 years, always have fun. enjoy. ralphdjeeper aka Crate/man #2711
markmark

Post by markmark »

Deep creek looks like a cool spot. Here's some more pics, another spot called Jindalee, which is about 20 mins drive from home.
ralphdjeeper

Marks pictures

Post by ralphdjeeper »

great shots mark, we dont get to drive on the beach anywhere here in so,Cal you have to go up to pismo beach or Or. to find a place to do that. your lucky, thanks again for the great shots. ralphdjeeper
markmark

Post by markmark »

Yes I think I'm lucky here too, although that spot will be outlawed soon as they are starting to build a housing estate there:cry: . I guess I'll just have to head a bit further north next time. I'll try to get some video clips the next time I go.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

WOW! Thanks guys for sharing the cool snap shots,, keep em coming,,,I sure envy your surroundings. Any Limies on here that can post pics of Hyde Park Corner??? :eek: :D
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]WOW! Thanks guys for sharing the cool snap shots,, keep em coming,,,I sure envy your surroundings. Any Limies on here that can post pics of Hyde Park Corner??? :eek: :D[/QUOTE] Best I can do Mel... http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/jamc ... 8750.shtml
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Best I can do Mel... http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/jamc ... 8750.shtml[/QUOTE] I've never seen that rat hole so quiet Dave :confused: used to Cab drive it regular back in the 70s,, it was every man for himself at HPC roundabout back then,,, must be all the congestion charges :dollar:
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I'm kind of partial to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan, U.S.A. Our group taking a breather: Image The bottom and top of "Comp Hill". The camera doesn't do it justice: Image Gone swimming to cool off. The lake is Lake Michigan: Image John getting a bit more air then he was expecting: Image
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I can't let this go without and evening picture in the dunes. My Landcruiser doesn't see the dunes very often anymore, 70+ mph speed limits for a 4 hours drive each way with 4:10 gears is just too much abuse on the engine. Now if one of our Aussie friends could locate an overdrive unit to fit the Landcruiser for me, I'd be back in business. I had the opportunity to put some miles on an overdrive equipped L/C when I was in OZ a few years back, what a difference on the highway. Image
markmark

Post by markmark »

By the look of "Comp Hill", I can see why you run paddles. Cool pics!
markmark

Post by markmark »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"]I can't let this go without and evening picture in the dunes. My Landcruiser doesn't see the dunes very often anymore, 70+ mph speed limits for a 4 hours drive each way with 4:10 gears is just too much abuse on the engine. Now if one of our Aussie friends could locate me an overdrive unit for the Landcruiser I'd be back in business. I had the opportunity to put some miles on an overdrive equipped L/C when I was in OZ a few years back, what a difference on the highway. Image[/QUOTE] A friend of mine has the same model Landcruiser but a long wheel base version which he has converted to a later model 5 speed gear box. His car is very heavy though and won't go anywhere near as many places as a buggy will go.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"] John getting a bit more air then he was expecting: Image[/QUOTE] Looks like Johns thinking OOOOOH ****!! :D Cool pics Jerry :rock: