Manxters

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
talldude

Manxters

Post by talldude »

I was asked today if the Meyers are building turn key kits for Manxters. I thought they only had the 95% kits that they are selling without the motors. Have they started selling a whole Manxter now? If so, how much do they run? Also what do you all think a Manxter 2 + 2 is worth after being completed? Just a guess would be fine. Someone wanted to buy ours unfinished to put it together. Granted when we are done it will have all new parts on it. I quoted a price and they told me they could buy one from the Meyers drive out for $19,500.00. I know what I have in mine and my wife and I have spent many hours in the garage working on it and customizing it to our standards. After a long discussion we decided it's not for sale. It's a keeper. No doubt about it. It's to cool of a buggy to sell. Plus, I sold some cool VW Cars to buy the kit and donor bug to quit now would be stupid. After seeing Tom and Kathleen's at the Texas Buggy blast we want to finish it. Thanks for letting us sit in it and take photos. Looked at them tonight and that's what made us decide to keep it and move forward so we can be driving it down the road and having fun with it. Pat
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Hi Pat and Lori! :hello: I'm so happy to see you decided to finish the Manxter! It's nice to think we had something to do with that. Once you are out there driving it, you won't regret it!! As Manx Maniac says, it's FUN, FUN, FUN! Feel free to contact us, or post questions in this area of the site if you have problems with the assembly. Taken as a whole, it looks like a daunting challenge, but break it into smalll parts and it becomes managable. As far as the turn key Manxters, I don't think they're even available. There is no link to the page anymore, which begs the question, can you even buy a kit? If you can't, then yours just go much more valuable! :eek: The best way to find out is to go to the source, (Bruce and Winnie) and ask. Keep us updated on the progress of the Manxter! Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

The Manxters have their own website..........http://www.meyersmanx.com/ :D
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

newmanx59 - Thanks. We didn't realize the Manxter information had moved to a "new location". Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)