Windshield

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
tgodber

Windshield

Post by tgodber »

I am ordering a larger windshield and frame from Dino at Bugshields. I am planning on a 19" windshield( 3" larger than regular). Just wondering if anyone here had installed a larger windshield such as this and how it worked out for you?? I have a 16" frame already without glass but will not be using it. The cost of glass plus the thought of bugs splattered against my forehead made up my mind.
fubar

Post by fubar »

I have a half wind shield on mine. It pretty much just deflects everything into your face. I wanted to leave it on there because it looks good and was "original" for the car. I got out on the highway last summer and hit a bumble bee between the eyes about 30 seconds after putting my goggles on. So for me, screw wind resistance... It's all about the bees. I just hope nobody tosses a light but out in front of me.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I lowered my seats to the floor to get me down behind the windshield a bit more. I don't get hit with the bugs but I think the passenger compartment turbulence is greater.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I'd rather use a body lift kit than raise the screen, I think it may look a bit odd. :2cents:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)