Sidepods or not???

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]How bout a rear-pod Dave :D Made the mold now, if you speek to Chuck.[/QUOTE] Definitely want one of those. Did you find any Chartreuse 'flake or do you want me to try and source some? Full bustle anyone??? Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

That "bustle" is so ugly, even the Connecticut DMV would be happy with it. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
shaky

Post by shaky »

What about fixing them with "Dzus" clips, then you can swing either way shaky
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

David Glenn, There are a few really useful threads discussing tire and wheel sizes. http://www.meyersmanx.com/forums/showth ... heels+size Do a search for "tire size" and you can get a ton of feedback on almost everyones sizes. The information posted was fresh in my mind and the sizes are correct. I ended up with the 8.5 and 6 or 7 up front. They are 4 bolt and centerline only makes a few sizes for 4 bolt with one backspacing. The rims are polished. I've told this to a few people. If you are interested in buying them and have some time. Check pricing on Jeg's or Summit. Call Centerline direct and see if they will price match. I got mine for the cheapest available price with free shipping. It took 3 or 4 weeks for them to make them.
david-glenn

Post by david-glenn »

thanks Dave, I'll check it all out. d
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Definitely want one of those. Did you find any Chartreuse 'flake or do you want me to try and source some? ][/QUOTE] Will have a hunt around for some Dave,,,, got the first one out the mold yesterday,,, in black,,, just gelled up Chucks metalflake blue one.
shaky

Post by shaky »

[QUOTE="Tom Kathleen"]That "bustle" is so ugly, even the Connecticut DMV would be happy with it. Tom[/QUOTE] I think you have a word... "diaper"? I remember my little chap running around with a full one, it looked very similar. But I suppose it has an historical value.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Interesting to see all the rivets and screws Bruce recommended when fitting sidepods 'back in the day'. A bit of over engineering I'd say.... Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I gave my wife and daughter (they're the artisic ones in the family) the casting votes and it looks like they're going on... I'm also getting Mel Hubbard to mould me one of these engine covers... http://www.meyersmanx.com/classifieds/s ... roduct=106 Image ...to match the gel-coat so she should be all 'pimped-up' by the weekend!!! I should have the proper wheels (slotmags again, just a different brand) so we're somewhere near finishing, hopefully in time for my next show... http://www.devadubshow.co.uk/
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Dave, been trying to email you with some pics but they wont send :confused: I will mail yours and Chucks rear pod thingy off tomorrow. The wheels can sit here for a while,,,, to save you a trip,,,, thats unless you need em soon,,, i know it wont be long before our ol buddy Pete will drop in for a coffee.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

There are worse dilemmas in life other than the proverbial SidePod Q. Glad to hear you've come to a decision. I think you'll be happy regardless.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="TMc2548"]There are worse dilemmas in life other than the proverbial SidePod Q. Glad to hear you've come to a decision. I think you'll be happy regardless.[/QUOTE] I know it's stupid isn't it...the things we beat ourselves up over!!!LOL :rock:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

http://www.meyersmanx.com/classifieds/s ... roduct=106 On their way Dave 1st class,,,, its the first time ive mailed to USA for a few years,,, seems a more rigorous and expensive system than the last time i did it,,,, big queue behind me in the post office,, daggers in the back stuff,,, in fact i almost got the canoe out and paddled the things across the pond,,, Chuck has three,,, the original one,, a flake 71p one,, and one for his buddy,, he should get em within five days.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

The pods are on mate...and the sun came out!!! :rock: Image I posted an idiot's guide on Julian's Muppet site... http://groups.msn.com/wwwbeachbuggyorgu ... l_topics=1
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

That is looking good!:drool: