Transaxle Parts

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Reverb

Transaxle Parts

Post by Reverb »

My pan is a 1956, which originally had a split case tranaxle in it. The previous owner converted it to a newer model full sincro swing trans. In order to make this conversion, you need to change the nose cone to an early bus swingaxle for the shift linkage to match up. I need a new nose cone, and hockey stick, but have been unable to find what I need via web search. The nose cone is 211 301 211E. The hockey stick is chewed up from somebody running it too long with bad bushings. Anybody have any suggestions?
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Contact Weddle Engineering in Goleta, CA they have all kinds of transmission parts. (805) 696-9665
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
167luckycharm

Post by 167luckycharm »

I got a new replacement bus nose cone from Long Enterprises. The hockey stick is also available from them. To make the future replacements easier to obtain, I used the bug hockey stick with the bus nose cone. The shift rod was slightly offset prior to welding, to compensate for the difference between the two styles of hockey sticks. It is set up for the later bug version with the setscrew straight up. I figured the bus hockey stick would become hard to find someday. John.
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Thanks Luckycharm...Long Enterprises has what I needed. However the price is really up there. 80 bucks for the nose cone, and 50 bucks for a used hockey stick. I`m going to keep searching for a while, but if I can`t find a better deal, I guess I`ll have to pay the piper.