Bumpers for a Tow'd??

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Bumpers for a Tow'd??

Post by Gene-C »

Working on rebuilding/restoring a Tow'd and am thinking about some kind of bumper for the front and rear? I've looked at the bumpers that would be made for a baja bug and I think those would work just thought I'd see if anyone had some ideas.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Call Winnie at the club. I know she used to have some Towd bumpers, front and back, for sale.
CoKev

Post by CoKev »

Shauna, My towd came wth front and rear bumpers. They are about 2" tube and pretty stout. I could take some pics and you guys could bend your own up. I thought of baja bumpers. If you got the old style narrow ft bumper that could look pretty cool.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

CoKev, Please send us some pic's of what your bumpers look like. We have a sandrail/dune buggy VW parts business and seem to have some tubing around. I'm trying to keep it as close to how the Tow'd came, although we beefed up the chassis part and it has more of a sandrail chassis floor in it verus just the single tube all the way around. Either post your pic's here or send to handhsandsports@aol.com. Thanks! Thanks too to CairoManx in case we don't get something figured out I'll call Winnie. Shauna
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Shauna, We both better get lots of pics and dimensions, so they can be duplicated like the original Tow'd bumpers, cause Winnie has none. I just checked with her and they are no longer made and none in stock. They were a hard sell and no one wanted them so they never bought more. I guess we are now left up to our own. Please let me know anything that you find out about them. Thanks, Bob
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

I guess I bought the last set she had. I haven't mounted them yet. I can lay them on a piece of paper and trace a pattern if you want.
bobmanx

Post by bobmanx »

Cairo, Yes please, and pics with that would be a big help. Thanks, Bob
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

OK, I'll trace a pattern and take a couple pictures. Prowlers up near Valencia could bend a set for you, I'm sure.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

CairoManx, Thanks for that! Pic's and dimensions would be great as it will probably be cheaper for us to build here than have sent from California. Shauna
CoKev

Post by CoKev »

Sorry all, I was outa town for a few days. Will try to get pics as well later today.
CoKev

Post by CoKev »

Can't get the pics to load :x I'll try again soon.