Whip antenna for buggy

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Whip antenna for buggy

Post by Gene-C »

Hey guys, Trying to find a CB whip antenna with mounting bracket for my buggy. local store searches have produced nothing. ebay searches dont list a standard whip. Also would like to find the proper hardware to attach the tip of the whip to the windshield so it is bent in a curve when on the street. Thanks again,
fubar

Post by fubar »

Try Radioshack ?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="fubar"]Try Radioshack ?[/QUOTE] THey dont carry the whip.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Image Scott, Any HotVW's advertiser has "buggywhips". Plain, lighted or CB with a variety of mounts. (quick release, folding, 5" 8" etc.) Latest Rage, Moore Parts, etc.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

scott, buggy whip has an 8 ft version that has the cb antenna built in. with the new CBs they have an option where they can tune to the antenna, like a calibration, instead of having to cut the antenna to length. it also has the light at top like on dave's with cups for different colors. they have a green. i got mine from pacific customs. shipping sucks for them cause they're oversize but they were the best on shipping. like 30 bucks. CBperformance wanted 75 bucks to ship! i don't know about a clip for the windshield though. i have seen some where they are tied off to the front bumper with rope. http://www.pacificcustoms.com/index_homeref_estore.htm
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Dave and Mike, Thanks for the leads. I think Pacific Customs has what I want. Kinda intimidating having to read all the disclaimers before entering the store though...
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I saw that too. Have you tried a Marine supplier?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Tom, Good idea. I need to check there anyway for some SS "oh ****" handles for the back and pass side...:D
90volts

Post by 90volts »

yeah, they have a lot of 'small print' on the way in. but as far as ordering stuff, i've had the best service and shipping prices through them. if i need anything i go there for it first. as opposed to jbug,cip1 and CB which i tried so far also. i know radio shack was discontinuing the big antennas a bit ago. some people still report finding them at the stores for dirt cheap prices. you might try all the radio shacks in your area first. maybe even if they can check the back room for you.