Mexican food

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
mel hubbard

Mexican food

Post by mel hubbard »

Back in Nov 97 while on the Manx club Baja run, my nephew Brett and myself borrowed a buggy and took the short drive from Petes camp into San Filipe to get a meal and take a look around the small town. As we walked around the town i noticed a nice little Mexican restaurant,, i said to Brett "shall we eat in there" Brett replied " You go in for a beer and i will meet up with you later,,, as i need to do some shopping first". As i sat down all alone i noticed paper plates all over the restaurant walls with special meals of the day,,,, a kind of wall menu,,,,, one plate caught my eye,,,, it said meat balls,, our speciality,,,, feeling too hungry to wait and dine with Brett i called the waiter over and ordered the meat balls and a cold beer,,,,, 10 minutes later the meal was served,,,, wow,,, the meat balls tasted great. When i had finnished my meal i called the waiter over to compliment him,,,, '' that was a very fine meal,,,, what kind of meat is that?'' i asked,,,,,, the waiter replied '' Sinor,, in Mexico they have bull fighting,, and when the bull loses the fight they cut its testicles off,, and we cook them,,, its a rare delicacy here in San Felipe'' I felt real sick at the thought of what i had just eaten :eek: as the waiter left my table i looked up at the door and saw Brett coming in with arm loads of shopping,,,,, ''have you eaten yet'' Brett asks,,, ''yes'' i replied,,, '' what did you have'' he said,,, '' i had the meat balls they are just great,, you must try them'' i replied,,,,,, trying not to laugh and let on. So Brett orderd the meat balls,,, but when the waiter served Bretts meal i noticed that his meat balls were much smaller than the ones i had eaten :roll: ,,,,,,,,,,, Brett ate all of his meal and said how much he enjoyed it,,,,,,,, when the waiter came over to clear our table i asked him why my buddies meat balls were so much smaller than the ones i had eaten,,, the waiter replied '' Ha Senor,,, sometime the bull,,, HE WIN'' :D
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

That is gross. I cant wait to tell it at the water cooler tommorow! :evil:
shaihulud

Post by shaihulud »

Mel. That reminds me of when as a boy of 15 and I was visiting my uncle's pig farm where I was served, along with everyone else at the table, "praire oysters". I knew what they were before I ate them. They were delicious. I can't wait to tell that joke. How are you and Brett? Did Brett get to build the Baja that he said he would. Richard.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Truth be told I have 3 spanish employees who eat cow balls. They love it and consider it a treat!!! :eek:
croakintowd

Bein' raised down on the farm.............................

Post by croakintowd »

I know that "Cow Balls" are rrrrrrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy rare. (And I don't mean "undercooked") Kinda like Chicken lips, ya know? (But I know what you meant).
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="shaihulud"]Mel. That reminds me of when as a boy of 15 and I was visiting my uncle's pig farm where I was served, along with everyone else at the table, "praire oysters". I knew what they were before I ate them. They were delicious. I can't wait to tell that joke. How are you and Brett? Did Brett get to build the Baja that he said he would. Richard.[/QUOTE] Hi Richard, I dont see much of Brett now since i moved home,, we speak on the phone occasionally,,, he never built the Baja bug,,, but like me,,he would love to go back on a Manx Baja run,,,, he often spoke of going to Aus to visit you too ,,,, but could you put up with his music taste :D Next time i speak to him i will get his E-mail for ya,,, i know he would love to hear from his ol Baja buddy :hello:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Mel Where do all these jokes come from? Reckon you've to much time on yer hands. Hows the kubbel going?
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="devildriver"]Mel Where do all these jokes come from? Reckon you've to much time on yer hands. Hows the kubbel going?[/QUOTE] JOKE ??? that was a true story Ryan,,,,,,, NO BO***CKS :D Im doing the plug for the last Kubel mold now,, was trying for Dub Freeze but it aint gonna happen,,, end of Feb should see it done,,,, i hope. Ive even made molds from an original WW 2 German helmet,, and a Notek lamp to go with the kit. Had one guy contact me to ask if i would do him a metalflake Kubel :eek: can you believe that???? Mind you,, they say Hitler was gay,,,, they also say he only had one ball,,, maybe the other one got served up at the old town hall :D
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

i'll have one of those ww2 german helmets off ya. Reckon Dan will too. I wouldn't worry about people asking for metalflake kubbels. Its when they start asking for a matching metalflake ww2 german helmet to go with it. mmmm nice boy!
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Ryan you going to Bug freeze?? The German helmets will be there on LA Performance trade stand,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just ask for Von Charlie,,,, you wont miss him,, he will be goose-stepping around the stand with Lee,,,, you may even get a salute if you buy one off him :D