Looking for new body manufacturer East Coast.

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Looking for new body manufacturer East Coast.

Post by Gene-C »

Hello All, I'm looking for a new buggy manufacturer on the east coast and found http://www.dunebuggybody.com. They have a new SS Max body that looks good. Manx clone. Has anyone dealt with these guys. Any clue to their quality. I want a new Manx clone and want something that will last and hold it's color well without fading. Any suggestions?
jr_vw2

Post by jr_vw2 »

I have seen them at the bug-a-paluza here in Chattanooga the past few years. The bodies are really nice looking and almost an exact replica of a manx which I think is shady. But they are pretty good quality bodies from what I have seen.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Any idea how much a body costs? No prices on that page...
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I received pricing from them last October for a short body Manx replica Max SS body. "flake sells for $1695-----standard colors $1295". They also have side pods for $279/pr in flake. Looks like a quality product from the web page. I'm going to try and go see one in person before I buy. Scotty
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Thanks Scotty.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I was hoping that someone at ManxClub had a body from these guys. They apparently build boats too. Marathon Marine Manufacturing and Super Sport Boat Mfg. The SS Max on their website does look super nice. Mark Raleigh, NC