How to save an extra 1K on a new car

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Mvovr

How to save an extra 1K on a new car

Post by Mvovr »

I started off this morning to go look at some new cars. Welp, it started off as such a beautifull day in Southwest Florida I decided to go by myself and drive the buggy. When I arrived at the local Pontiac dealer I was quickly surronded by sale folks. I was not being waited on mind you they were looking at my buggy. Well after giving 4 sales guys rides including the sales manager who they went to get I finally got looking at cars. My salesman apparently had a buggy when he was younger because he went on and on... I actually had to interrupt him to ask questions about the car I was looking at. Finally when we sat down to discuss pricing the car which was stickered at 24,900.00 got much cheeper. I recieved a red tag discount of 2000.00 the end of year deal discount of 1500.00 then he took off another 1000.00 for salesman commision incentive along with waving the clear coat protection price and no charge for pinstripes. All of this before I even tried to dicker him down. :crazy: Finally as I was leaving the sales manager walked back up to me and I thought oh man here we go...... Welp wrong again he wanted to buy my buggy!! :laugh1: Anyway take my advice and if your looking for a new car....TAKE THE BUGGY!!!!!!!:D
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I took the Manx the day we picked up my wife's new(at the time) '02 Jetta at the dealer, and got very similar reactions......everything from the receptionist asking what it was, to a couple of the salesmen asking me how much I would take for it. It was such a nice day I couldn't pass it up. :cool:
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

After I got my buggy on the road (1998), I went to my VW dealer to buy some (more) parts. When I parked the car, one of the saleman came running over and asked "can I help you?" I pointed to a New Beetle and said "I'm looking for a kit to turn one of these into a dune buggy". Being a younger guy, he didn't get the joke. :laugh1: But the guys in the parts department liked the car, and the older guy who was a parts manager, that I used to race Formula Vee's with, really liked it. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)