Florida Get Together !!!!

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Mr. Flaboyjim, A few of us here in Reno, Nv are going on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale the 2 of April 2006. We are arriving in FL the 30 of March to check it out for a few days before the cruise. The plan is to see Key West and the Keys. Are you guys in that area? Would like to meet up and check your buggies out. Email me at rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net Looking foward to meeting you guys. Buggybob Reno, Nv
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

Ft Liquordale is about 150 miles south of us. The majority of us are from around the Mickey Mouse area (Orlando) - cant you tell? we are all Goofey!!! If you are up in the Orlando area, let us know, we know all the hot spots. :laugh1: Good luck on the cruise - That is the only way to vacation!!
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

cool. thanks jim
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

I am over in Southwest Florida in Ft Myers about 6 hours from the keys 2 hours from Ft L. 120 miles or so.
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

Sounds great !! I will atleast stop by the ranger station on 40 to get a pamphlet wednesday . Hmm now for the fire wood and food hook up . How far to nearest gas and winn dixie .
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

I live fairly close by - still have a pile of wood from the hurricane last year - If I dont have my buggy finished, I will bring all the wood we can burn in my Pickup. No Publix or Winn Dixie in Salt Springs - there is a smaller local grocery that has just about everything including the high prices.... :D As you leave Ocala on Hwy 40 - about 5 miles past the Ocklawaha River Bridge is the last major food store - a Winn Dixie on the right (south) side of the road in a village called Forest Corners.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

If anyone has a GPS please bring it or we may never be heard from again.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

[QUOTE="Yellermanx"]If anyone has a GPS please bring it or we may never be heard from again.[/QUOTE] I'll be bringing mine. Want me to bring an extra?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Thanks UB, I forgot that my son has one. He said I could use it. Now if he remembers get it back from the guy he loaned it to and brings it over. I'll let you know if I need it. Thanks
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

I talked to Tom editor of grassroots magazine at the Rolex race and he said he lived close to Salt Springs and was excited about fl manx meet . It sure would be great to get him involved . We might just get a couple of pictures in grassroots or classic motorsports mag . A little sponsoship maybe . www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

Two weeks and counting..... I will post a map this weekend for those that may want to "drop in". There are not any more cabins available, but two of them have three bedrooms, so we can make room for those that want to see the forest with us. BRING the GPS units - we will do some fox-n-hound treasure hunting... Bring your swimming suits - there are several spring fed lakes that only buggies and 4X4s can get to...
domorr

Post by domorr »

Jim, I just wanted to thank you for the great time we had this past weekend! It is a shame that only three buggies, two bajas and two rails showed up. For a FREE get together when there were twelve buggies at the Orlando show (counting four in the parking lot) the weekend before. I know it takes time and alot of hard work on your part for making all the arangements for a get together. Maybe next year more of the Florida buggy owners will come out of there hiding places. Thanks again we had a blast! Don
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

Yeah, even though I broke my rail within 30 minutes of arriving, I had an awesome time. The Geocaching was a blast, and we enjoyed the trail riding on Sunday. Rodman Reservoir Campground is one of the nicest campgrounds you'll find. $10.90 a night, and very clean and well kept. The managers/hosts are extremely nice and camper friendly. Check this place out if you haven't yet. We'll be going again soon. By the way, I got to ride in YellerManx's buggy with his new Berrien Chassis, and that thing rides like a cadillac! So solid! Good to see you Jim, Don, and Chuck! It was nice to meet you dave, and RaceTearOffs (Thanks for the stickers, dude!)
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

Otay, I'll ask how did you brake the rail in 30 minutes. I hope to make the next one.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

[QUOTE="MickeyUSA"]Otay, I'll ask how did you brake the rail in 30 minutes. I hope to make the next one.[/QUOTE] It was actually 18 minutes. We timed it, since I broke my buggy in around 40 minutes last time. :cry: I was playing around, found a little bowl, and attempted to scare the wife. We jumped up out of it, and when the rear of the rail came down, something 'popped'. In gear, it responds with BANG! BANG! BANG! when releasing the clutch. Wheel wobbles back and forth. Flat-towing it back to the trail-head sounded like trying to push piston rods through a meat grinder. Feels like a broke axle, (swingaxle) but since I lost my gear oil from that side cover (case damage?) I fear something a bit more tragic. I've never torn into a tranny, only replaced them when bad, which I guess I'll be doing in the near future. :x