Florida Get Together !!!!

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

LODGE 4 ME :hello:
domorr

Post by domorr »

Lodge it is! Are Dogs allowed? We have the 5lb terrior.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

March 24 is the wifes birthday. So I need to decide which I want to do, go buggying, or stay home and have a birthday party for the wife. Sign me up for a Campsite. :rock:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="domorr"]Lodge it is! Are Dogs allowed? We have the 5lb terrior.[/QUOTE] 5lbs? T-Bone must have gotten FAT. :eat: :laugh1:
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

rv campsite electric hook up
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

lodge!!!
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

We have 4 lodge reservations made - I wont be to the campground until after the first of the year - will make those then...
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

I have never been to a get together with you guys. Is it ok to bring my kids?
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

We are fairly tame group - I welcome children - there will be plenty to do, trail riding, sand pit show off time, if warm enough - there is swimming. I even know of a spring fed lake that is reachable only by buggy or 4WD.
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

[QUOTE="Mvovr"]I have never been to a get together with you guys. Is it ok to bring my kids?[/QUOTE] Duh. Most of us are kids anyway. I hope to have the sandrail finished enough to drive by then. Maybe I can bring both my toys?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Mvovr"]I have never been to a get together with you guys. Is it ok to bring my kids?[/QUOTE] Sure someone has to clean the buggies. :laugh1: On a sad note. I pulled the body off of mine today. It is much uglier off the frame. I'm not sure I can bring myself to put that ugly old thing on my brand new frame without redoing it first. If I decide to do the body first I won't make it in time for the get together. However I will be there anyway. Maybe I will bring my son's 4 wheeler.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Chuck you can ride with me. My wife is not coming it will just be me and the 2 kids. They ride in back. In fact you have been there before...You can drive and I will help the kids wash it.. :driving:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Mvovr"]Chuck you can ride with me. My wife is not coming it will just be me and the 2 kids. They ride in back. In fact you have been there before...You can drive and I will help the kids wash it.. :driving:[/QUOTE] Thanks I may take you up on that. However, I am in the process of talking myself into putting it back together. Now if I will just listen to myself. :help: We'll see.
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

im going over to Daytona for a couple of days for the grand am / rolex testing wednes day morn next week . I know route forty pretty good , where is the camp ground exactly on that road , I wouldnt mind stopping by a checking it out . that spring deal sounds pretty good , I have never been to ocala forest and its only 45 miles away .i mostly go up the west coast ... http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/recreation/index_oca.shtml. i found the ocala park link its spring gobbler hunting the 23/25 //// I see a temp closing of 8200 acres http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/news/indexLinadale.shtml
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

No Problems - the area that the have closed is at the south end of the forest boundary. We are going to be North of Hwy 40 on Hwy 19 in the town of Salt Springs. Look at the attached Ocala National Forest Rec Areas - #5 is Salt Springs Campground. North on Hwy 19 from there is Forest Road 77 - the west end of that road is the "Dune Area". Just South of Hwy 40 is the swimming hole that I talked about. Here is a link to the Campground Map = Salt Springs Campground Here is a link to the OFF ROAD VEHICLE map. Since most if not all of the buggys are street legal - we are good to go just about anywhere there is a trail - we are a bit self limiting due to the chance of scratching the buggy. Ocala National Forest Off Road Map