How many Manxters have been sold?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
Olli

How many Manxters have been sold?

Post by Olli »

Just wondering what the numbers are. Also, how many Dual-Sports? And where are the Manxters ending up in a geographical sense? Olli
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

To my knowledge 57 Manxters and maybe 1 or 2 Dualsports. NOT enough! They are scattered all over the country.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

:dollar: :dollar: :dollar: may have something to do with the #'s........................ :2cents:
Olli

Post by Olli »

I got mine nearly 2 years ago and I am #33 or 36. I really can't remember....hey, I haven't worked on it since last winter. So, in 2 years Meyers has only sold 22 more??? Wow... Olli
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Olli, you are #33. You really have to finish that car, it will be one of the most customized Manxters ever! I don't know why some people complain about the cost of the Manxter. It has so many more parts that come standard with the car, of course it is going to cost more. Oh well, one good point could be that the fewer that are sold, the more valuable they will be down the road. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Maybe most Buggy owners are middle class blue coller workers who can't afford to spend 20 or 30k on a toy. I thaught maybe Bruce should drive his Manxters around Malibu and Newport Beach but then would we want to hang out with Tom Cruz?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

For me buggies are a distraction from the grind of everyday life. No need to hurry up and build it. Just enjoy every facet of the build and then the drive. Sometimes I just grab a beer in the garage and just look at mine for hours...
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

My personal feeling is that for the most part, the kind of people who like or would build a buggy don't have Manxter kind of money, I know I don't. I can't argue that it's not nicer or more refined than the originals. But, it is more car like than the originals. The simplicity of the old style is what makes them cool. :cool: I think the originals are much cuter (did I say that, just getting in touch with my feminine side I didn't know I had :o ). Same price for new bodies I would take the original look, and neither for 17k. I feel others feel this way also, over 100 Siggys in 1? year. That ought to say something. I have never driven a long f/g buggy, but, I have a friend with a long wheel base rail buggy (about same as Manxter) and it is nowhere near as much fun to drive as my short Manx. This is just my opinion and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I know the Manxter is nicer than the originals. Maybe I'm just jealous. I almost didn't write this because I'm afraid it will be taken the wrong way. :2cents:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Chuck, I agree completely. Something is lost in the remake...
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

"Sometimes I just grab a beer in the garage and just look at mine for hours..." Maybe that`s why it`s taking so long to finish my project. :drinking:
Olli

Post by Olli »

Tom, I am almost done building the new shop. So, I will be back to building the Manxter soon. I didn't realize that there were some neagative vibes out there from Manx owners towards the Manxter. Bummer... Olli
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Olli"]Tom, I am almost done building the new shop. So, I will be back to building the Manxter soon. I didn't realize that there were some neagative vibes out there from Manx owners towards the Manxter. Bummer... Olli[/QUOTE] Olli, It realy isn't intended like that. Please don't take it that way. There was question as to why and that is what I believe. :driving:
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Olli, No negetive vibes from me...I think they`re great cars...just too rich for my blood.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

You don't have to "break the bank" to build a Manxter. If you have ever seen the Bumgartner's (I hope I spelled that right) car, you would know what I mean. It is "Aqua Velva" green metal flake, grey roof & interior, but uses an early pan with drum brakes, chrome steel wheels and nearly stock engine. It looks great, but uses budget parts. Most of the Manxters are using high dollar parts (we are guilty of that in some cases) but it doesn't have to be that way. Hopefully, we will see many more on the road. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Gene-C

Photos of completed Manxters...

Post by Gene-C »

I'd love to see some larger photos of completed Manxters. :eat: