NorCal paint & body

Where did you get that part or get that work done? If you have a gadget or service to share, please do!
enesset

NorCal paint & body

Post by enesset »

Hi Guys, I have the body disassembled from the pan and I'm wondering if anyone here has a recommendation for a reasonably experienced shop I could trailer my body to and have them prep/paint/etc?

Ideally, Santa Cruz is the closest to me, San Jose, and then....?.....

Thanks for any thoughts the collective might have -- Eric
enesset

Soda Blasting -- paint & body

Post by enesset »

I did some searching and it looks like member "Luisb" back in 2011 had success with soda blasting his fiberglass body.

I wanted to ask the collective if anyone else has experience with this and any advice or "lessons learned" would be very welcome.

You can see my Yuma Yellow was painted blue and I want to take it back to as close to original as possible.

2nd question. Is there an online source for matching Yuma Yellow to another paint code?

Thanks guys -- Eric
enesset

Re: NorCal paint & body

Post by enesset »

I have the tub fully dissembled, all hardware removed and power washed ready for a local Santa Cruz body shop. I'll report in with the paint code issue and quality when done.
enesset

Re: NorCal paint & body

Post by enesset »

Weston's Auto body in Santa Cruz (Robert Weston) was awesome. I allowed him to take his time and use it as filler work and I was very pleased. Photos in the gallery and hopefully attached.45684569

Robert sanded off the blue original color, did some repairs to the tub (crack near where the tranny must have failed at one point), primer tan then 8 coats (one gallon) of color matched yuma yellow to the original portion of the body that wasn't painted. after that he wet sanded it and shot another 8 coats (another 2nd gallon). I am not a paint guy but I believe he said it was "single stage urethane paint"?

I'd go back in a heartbeat. Hope this is helpful to the club members -- Eric

p.s. $1,700.

Also got my stub axles, Manx Club Store side baskets and my custom fab'd trailing arms powder coated at Grizzly Powdercoating in Santa Cruz (near Costco) all six pieces for $120 which I felt was reasonable given she (Brooke) sandblasted them all and then coated.