Floor Mats, Difference, Dipped Lights, Sombrero and Acces.

Where did you get that part or get that work done? If you have a gadget or service to share, please do!
joescoolcustoms

Floor Mats, Difference, Dipped Lights, Sombrero and Acces.

Post by joescoolcustoms »

I am not affiliated with TJ Kustoms, I do not make money from TJ Kustoms Products, I do not work for TJ Kustoms and I am not a investor in the company.

I do like his Accessories that he has developed and made for buggy's. I use a lot of them on my buggy builds and have discovered they are also made of high quality materials, stand up to the task and have made my buggy's more fun.

Bud asked me about my floor mats I had Tom (owner of TJ Kustoms) custom make for my Puzzle Manx. So, I thought I would show some of his products, tips on how to get custom things made with Tom and other tid-bits.

Like about 1/2 of the buggy owners, I thrash around a lot with my buggy, mud, sand, rain, general dirt and like to have removable and washable floor mats. I have used safety walkway diamond plate style rubber and cut my own before, and it works, but not much flair and a lot of people think I built my buggy out of diamond plate steel. "Bet that floor is heavy!" No way your going to dent that diamond plate".

So, I wanted something different, but not the typical Beetle floor mat with the Lady Bug beetle embossed on it, especially the one that is colored rubber. I built a unique buggy and I wanted something on the classy side, but durable because I am a slob, (still finding ECVW '14 sunflower hulls in my buggy). I turned to Tom to see what he could do. He had just recently gotten the stitching equipment to bind the out side edges of thick quality floor matting material.

So, I sent him a pattern of my custom floor, (I will make the obvious statement, anything one-off custom will cost more than just a generic fitting item, but, the look is worth the little extra).

A couple phone calls later, to make sure he is getting me exactly what I want and will fit properly, I get these in the mail.

They fit my Hand Built Tube chassis like a factory made floor mat in a Caddy, like I made them myself, (but I cannot make those). The stock is a high quality floor mat material with micro spikes on the back side, thick pile carpet on the top side, fully washable and custom fit around the foot rest for the passenger, a heal pad for the peddle area that has high wear.

This is just pulled out of the buggy after driving to MOTB, a week running around there, driving home, a off road run in the dirt/mud here in WV, several "caught in the rain" events and a Christmas parade. Vacuumed them and look as good as new.

Here you can see it laying over top of the pattern I set to Tom. Just the sharp square corners can be seen.

I picked the grey to match my roll cage and seats, but Tom carries several other different colors.
rzeller

Re: Floor Mats, Difference, Dipped Lights, Sombrero and Acce

Post by rzeller »

Thanks Joe, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

You are welcome Bud!

Another product that both Darlene and I really like is the Difference. In my buggy, with the soft surround and hard cap off, I get some real hard buffeting in the back of the head to the point when I am at interstate speed, it try's to pull my glasses off my face.

Tom makes a mesh style screen to fit on the standard Manx Style roll bar. Or, he will custom make one to fit a roll cage. Since again, I made a one off custom cage, I had him make me a custom Difference. I used paper to make a pattern of my roll cage rear hoop, marking all the spots where not to put the velcro straps that would interfere with cage attachment points, clamps and fire extinguisher mount.

After a call or two for him to make extra sure, I received this in the mail:

It totally changes the dynamics of how the air moves around our heads that now I can run top-less and enjoy it. I even use it with just the hard cap on and do not get the back buffeting like before. I can see it making a difference when caught in rain and keeping the rain from back blowing in off the hard cap onto the inside of the windshield.

This makes the open air driving much more pleasurable. Since it is a mesh, I can see through it just fine. Tom makes them in several colors and sent a bunch to MOTB '14 for both give away, and to purchase with 100 % proceeds going to MOTB '15 funding account.

There was one yellow Difference made and either Bud, Paul or Vince stated due to the bright color, when sun hit it, it was hard to see through. The darker colors seem to perform the best for vision.
rich.roy.9

Post by rich.roy.9 »

I have one of those difference pieces and yes it works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PowersBuggies

Post by PowersBuggies »

I can say as of right now... Tom is working on some custom Tow'd stuff for my build! Hydro-dipped parts, custom seats, and yes mats as well. I will post those pics once all is said and done here. I too have the Difference for our other buggy and it is a great piece!
Craig and Rebecca
Manx Club #3634
66 Manx/68 Towd - His
67 Tow'd/67 Manx - Hers
67 Dune Buggy - Our Build
69 Empi Imp - Korinne

2016 Goals: Rebecca - Joining the ranks of the Iron Buggy and Long Haul League

***ACCOMPLISHED!***
2015 GOAL: MOTB 2015 HERE WE COME! - With the Tow'd and the Manx!
rich.roy.9

Post by rich.roy.9 »

ImageImageImage

Ride on
Bassler

Post by Bassler »

Where is the like button!

I'm diggin' the lights! they look great!
richvw1

Post by richvw1 »

those lights done by tj customs
Mr Towd

Post by Mr Towd »

Yes, We did do the lights.