Tire and wheel pictures

Where did you get that part or get that work done? If you have a gadget or service to share, please do!
langan

Tire and wheel pictures

Post by langan »

I am trying to pick a set of wheels and tires to make a Manx look like a factory or dealer assembled kiy car. Or I may just do Jackman style wheels but what off-raod tires match in small sizes, seams like only truck sizes are avaible? Gates not made and M/T,s seam to big?
langan

Re: Tire and wheel pictures

Post by langan »

Any suggestion of modern or available tire and wheel sizes that fit under fenders?
pongo

Post by pongo »

This web site has a size comparison function, allowing you to make changes to tire and rim sizes, while comparing your front to your rear wheel. I found it useful to select my last set of tires.

https://www.rimsntires.com
langan

Post by langan »

Cant find many wide 5 wheels with good off sets to keep tires under fenders. I think maybe the best choise for wheels may be to do the Chevy bolt pattern?
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Our Meyers Manx "Xena" came with an original set of Wide 5 "Jackman's" that were installed when she was built! They are 14" X 6" with about a 4" backspace for the front & 15" X 8"with about a 3 3/4" backspace for the rear! Hopefully fairly soon, I'm going to have them media blasted & powder-coated "Argent Silver" which is the color GM does their "rallye wheels" & have a orange & black pinstripes around the outside of the rims! I have a local guy that has been trying to buy them from me for many years & he has a "standing offer" of $200.00 for them! LOL Sorry... not for sale!!! I also have a newer set of white spoke wheels that are 15" X 5.5" for the front & 15" X 10" for the rear! They are on Xena right now with 12-15 Dick Cepek Hi-Flotation tires that are actually DOT approved on the rear & some Nexen P185/65R15s on the front!
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Here's a couple more shots of the Jackman's.... I'm thinking the rear wheels actually have about a 3 1/4" backspace & the fronts are about 4"...

langan

Post by langan »

Those would work. I have not found 4" back spacing maybe I can make them? Your buggy looks great!
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

I think Michael (Maniac) is talking about wheel offset (the wheel mounting surface relative to the outside edges of the wheel), not backspacing which pushes the whole wheel out X number of inches (the largest back spacers I can find are 1").

I tried to post a pic of this, but I couldn't get it to work.

I just put a set of General Grabber AT2's on our buggy. 30x9.50 /15 in back, and 205/75/15 in front. Both are mud and snow rated, and are as good as the BFG's for a substantially lower price. Both fit fine on the 5 1/2" wide wheels we have.
langan

Post by langan »

My old wheels from Laker car. Not sure I like yet1281
Timinator

Post by Timinator »

Jackmans 10x15's in the rear and 14x6 or 7'a in front.

VW Aircooled Society

Post by VW Aircooled Society »

Jackman wheels are way too heavy Steel..

Manx used to initially run Aspen Sprints as you will see in this Yellow Manx...

American Racing makes this wheel but no longer in Wide 5 pattern.. only in 5 x 114 or custom drilled for 4 x 130mm.. let me know if you want them because we have them at VWAS

Enjoy the pics..

This Red buggy also has the same type Aspen Sprint wheels

Here is the Aspen Sprint Wheels AN697

Here is another option from EMPI which come in 15 x 6.5" wide and wide 5 pattern (5 x 205mm)

and colors (Red, Blue, Gold, Black) if you want to match the exterior color of the body

Products Manager @ VW Aircooled Society
Innovative Products: http://www.VWAircooledSociety.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'64 Manx Classic Dune Buggy
'67 Split Window Bus
'66 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug
'69 Bay Window Weekender Bus
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

you mean Ansen sprint, which are not really that light. I've had original ones from the 60's and they can be a lot of work to keep polished. Bruce was selling an aluminum wheel that is light and can be banged back into shape after you hit a rock. check the store
VW Aircooled Society

Post by VW Aircooled Society »

lastmanx wrote: Bruce was selling an aluminum wheel that is light and can be banged back into shape after you hit a rock. check the store
That's funny... the thought of carrying a rubber mallet with your just in case :lol:
Products Manager @ VW Aircooled Society
Innovative Products: http://www.VWAircooledSociety.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'64 Manx Classic Dune Buggy
'67 Split Window Bus
'66 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug
'69 Bay Window Weekender Bus
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

some day it will make sense when the walk back from nowhere is your only choice without the hammer. its a real dunebuggy thing.
pkouletsis

Post by pkouletsis »

BRM Speedwell Style Aluminium Wide-5 15"x4.5 and 15"x6 4481