Chrome Plating Recommendations / Areas

Where did you get that part or get that work done? If you have a gadget or service to share, please do!
abgiles

Chrome Plating Recommendations / Areas

Post by abgiles »

Looking to get chrome plating done on my Manx Tail Lights, and asked the folks on Facebook for help, and one member reminded me of the new MC forum here, and recommended we do some posting.

If you've had some chrome plating done in the past, and were happy with the work, (or if you had horrible stuff done), please post your experiences.

Also, post as much info as possible: Joescoolcustoms recommended the following data points to consider:

"Confirm they do triple plating. Copper, Nickle then chrome. Do they polish the copper to smooth out imperfections? Do they dip/wash after the Chromic Acid to neutralize the acid?"

Richard Cushman also mentioned: "One piece of advice that I have. Always make sure your parts are cut to fit before plating. I made this mistake. I had to sand and form pieces after they were plated. (Tail lights, license plate dome). Not fun..."

joescoolcustoms uses Leonard's Plating in Saint Albans, WV

Tom Thompson uses Kerr west in Arizona. Mike does awesome work..He does all of ours. When getting chrome done make sure they use copper otherwise it will be crap!
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;